Hey guys, Im in a market for a new car so was browsing gumtree. I came across a Volvo XC90 07 plate with 37k for £7400. I was so amazed at the price I emailed the seller asking to confirm the info was correct.
This is the email I got back.
Hello and thanks for your interest in my Volvo XC90.
The car is registered in United Kingdom, UK plates, in very good condition, it has around 37,360 miles, I never had problems with it, we are non smokers, never been involved in any accidents and has a clear title.
The MOT is still available and the Road Tax is paid.
Now i moved back from UK to Germany (where me and my family live) and this is the reason that i sell the car (in Germany the cars have the steering wheel on the Left side), I am the first and the only owner and my price is GBP 7,400 (sale price) . Also you have a 7 days testing period. Please let me know if you have cash money or you need to apply for a loan. The car is now in Munich, Germany but i will pay for the delivery to your home.
Please tell me if you are still interested.
I have attached some more pics.
The car is in great working condition, has no scratches or dents, never been involved in any kind of accidents. The car interior is impeccable (I do not smoke). The engine works perfectly. I can assure you that the car is fully operational. You can also see in the photos that the car is in perfect condition.
I bought this car from The United Kingdom, is still registered in The United Kingdom and has UK papers (UK plate number and also UK certificate which means in case we will close the deal, you won't have to pay any import taxes).
I tried to sell the car but I never found an interested client because I had to return to Germany to resume working as soon as possible (I am working as a construction engineer), so I had to refrain from selling the car in United Kingdom and I had to take it to Germany. Job in these difficult times is very important to me and I had to quit selling the car in UK where I could get a very good price for the car, as compared to the one I require at the moment.
Once in Germany, I tried to sell the car here but nobody was interested in a right hand drive car, and the price I got here for the car was very low compared to the real value of the car. For this reason, I thought the car could be sold on the Internet to a English citizen (since the car is still registered in United Kingdom), even at a lower price than that on the UK market.
The car is already at the shipping company in Germany, sealed with all the papers and ready to be delivered. I have prepared it for someone but the guy's loan was not approved and right now it is still for sale. Considering our condition I thought that it would be best if we use an escrow service because it will be safer for both of us and as i used before Google Checkout it is the fastest and most reliable on the market.
As the car is already at the shipping company ready to be delivered, you won't have to send me any money in advance and you will have a 7 days return policy.
Here is how the process works with the Google Checkout:
- first of all I will need your full name and a shipping address,
- once I will have that I will start the transaction through Google Checkout and they will get in touch with both of us with the paperwork needed to finalize the deal (including the invoice with payment instructions)
- you have to complete the payment to the Google Checkout representative,
- after Google will confirm that they have received and secured the money I will start the shipping and provide you the delivery information - you will receive the car, inspect it and if you decide to keep it you must confirm it to Google so they can release the funds to me,
- if you don't want keep the car for any reason, if you consider that is not like described, or if you consider that I lied to you with something regarding the car condition you can refuse it and I will have to take it back on my expense (that is why you will have the 7 days return policy so you can test it , take it to a dealer or a mechanic and see that everything is in order)
Google will hold the money until the car is delivered to you, with properly executed title.
If you agree please send me your full name and shipping address in order to start the transaction!
So is this too good to be true or am I being over cautious ? :S