Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Cricket Noise in Climate Control

Hi ...

Does anyone else hear a low 'cricket (insect )' vibration, disappears when turn ECC (Air Con) off, it is audible, but only intemittently.

I had a look at the pollen filter, saw a few leaves in there so vacummed out ... noise still there, I've put all the fans and vents on full with heat and cold .... faint small cricket type noise still there intermitently.

My Solution is to turn up the stereo ... just wondered if anyone else hears this noise also.

At first I though it was a cable tie rubbing in the engine ... but was pleased when I turned off the ECC and the noise went away immediately

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Denzo

I have this as well on my 54 plate cdti, its intermittent but irritating. It seems to come from middle vent area on mine & goes when AC is off. No idea why AC should cause this, maybe cold air rushing through ducting behind the dash makes it vibrate?

Interested to see if others have this & if they found a solution apart from turning the music up which I do too. Vauxhall will prob recomend this as a field remedy:-

In case of vibration/noise anywhere on the vehicle, increase output from entertainment system to a level where the noise is no longer audible. Job Done!

I

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Great to hear you hear it too Ion.

I will mention to dealer tomorrow when I take my CDTi in for a new dipstick and investigation of clunking handbrake .... I'm sure they will say something like ... we couldn't hear it, all we could hear was Queen Greatest Hits from Stereo.

Denzo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

D'oh ... Dealer could not replicate this annoying feature ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That doesn't surprise me. It takes a bit of effort to look for intermittent probs, especially rattles etc. Most dealers can't be @rsed. They look at it like its your fault & that hopefully you'll just go away & find something else to moan about.

It doesn't help though that as soon as you drive to the dealer its like the car knows and thinks cr@p I'd better behave now & hey presto the problem vanishes leaving you looking like a plank, and then usually the next day it starts doing it again!

I took my Vec B in once cos it kept cutting out all the time, f me the damn thing did not cut out once in about 20 mins testing at the dealer. Took me another two visits to find the problem. (Blocked induction)

I'm having a service next week & I've asked them to check out the AC but I reckon the response will be about the same as what you got.

TBH I think if the noise you have is the same as mine its not too intrusive & doesnt sound mechanical so I might leave it & see if it gets worse if they don't find anything.

I'll let you know what happens (I'm off though next wk & home PC is still busted so might be wk after if I cant fix it)

I

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ion,

Let us know how you get on with your service and Climate Control noise ... mine is so slight that I can only hear it intermittently since I know it exists ... I'm not convinved it is a major problem, but would be interested to see what Vxl tel you after your service

Good Luck

Is this the first service for your car? how much is it and is it the Eco Flex Service? Hope you don't mind me asking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Denzo,

No, course I don't mind.

It is the first service, have 12K miles on the clock & the car is not set up for the service light to come on, so it is planned to be every 12 months.

I shopped around & got quotes from £155 down to £115 (all vx dealers) & obviously went for the lowest.

All of them told me that the 1.9cdti needs oill & filter change and partic. filter clean every 12 months regardless of the servicing plan. (I thought they could go for up to 2 yrs)

Hope this helps

Interested what you or others have found.

I

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ion

My car is on Eco-Flex servicing, done 13K miles, 6K to go before service. I had oil changed at 12K (not by Vx though).

My first service has been estimated at £200 which will include the long life (synthetic) Vx Oil.

The particulate filter regenerates itself, I was not aware that it needed any special servicing.

You can request to be changed to Eco Flex servicing, the car then lets you know when it needs servicing via sensors etc...

The schedule service for 1.9 CDTi = 2 years or 30,000 miles (on Vx website and confirmed by telephone to Vx Customer Service).

Not too sure why your dealer is telling you it should be 12 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Denzo,

thats what I thought - 2yrs 20000 miles, but I called 4 diff dealers, all said 12 months. Maybe my car is set like this from the factory cos they all asked for the reg.

TBH though if you notice, the 2yr service is not far off 2x the price as well so overall not really much difference. Mine wont have synth oil though.

They deffo said that the part filter needed maintenance though. Typical isn't it, you call vx & get 1/2 a dozen different answers. doesnt fill you with faith in them does it? Pot luck sometimes!

I

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Ion

How did you get on with your service?

I replaced my pollen filter and found that I had a charcoal pollen filter. I replaced it with a normal white Vx Pollen Filter .... guess what ... Cricket noise has gone away, perhaps the airflow through the charcoal filter was different causing a vibration, or there was some leaf material vibrating by the pollen filter, which was removed when I changed and vacummed the area.

Give it a try, the part number for a replacement pollen filter = 93172299

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information