Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Origanal Head

Sorry guys long post....

Would there be a way of telling if the head on my car was the original,somethings saying to me it isn't,and it's starting to bug me to be honest,
    It had a new turbo this year so evans halshaw say(under warrenty) up in middlesbrough so thats fine but would the turbo being replaced if it blew cause any damage to the head to render it having to be replaced(oil starrvation maybe)

It's doing my head in because to me i have a diesel knock on a just turned 30,000mile engine,fuel rail knocking it's tits off or so it sounds like it's from there but then it's not the most refinewd diesel engine.. and under light acceleration upto 1500rpm you get a tapperty noise which i'm sure is/could be an injector,
    The injectors have 1,2,3,4 written on then which to me seems odd with a 30k engine why...i think they have got to of been taken out from the origonal head or if this is the cosha head been out before but why? i now have the injector seals weeping on no2+4
    Will if an injectors out of tollerance put the mil light on or will it just get more ropey and knocky,the car runs ok,no smoke nothing,mpg isn't to bad so god knows,

Any advice chaps,the mileage is correct had it checked via the ecu on tech2 just the head dont seem quite right for whatever reason allthough the inlet manifold does have the date 06 stamped on it...again could be right with it being a may 07 car,engine number on the block matches logbook,
    So any offers on the above guys on what to check.
    Last edited by Si-SRI; 15th May 2011 at 19:04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Engine : 20 Dti

Hi bud
    turbo failure may well have damage head, IF any metal from turbine fins catching turbo body and breaking off entering the engine,the piston would hit the metal and drive it into the cylinder head.this can damage head or piston top.
    Evans Hallshaw's service manager should be able to pull the original invoice out of his record's and tell you what work was done.can you see if the cylinder head gasket looks new on the joint with the block.
    is your warranty still in date if so go back with the leaking injectors and have it out with them.
    my signum gives out a detonation knock as do most diesels but only under heavy acceleration

Thread Information