Im in a pickle, recently moved and now been advised that I can really get much via VM as not in a cabled area so everything needs to run via BT line coming in (which at the moment is disconnected).
Anyway, cut a long story short, I rang BT and this is what they have to offer me with the a max 8mbps line speed available:
BT BroadBand Option 1:
- Free re-connection of the Phone Line;
- Free evening & weekend calls to UK land lines;
- 1000 minutes per month for 0845 & 0870 numbers;
- Up to 10gb Monthly download allowance for BB;
- Up to 8mbps Line speed (but more likely to get about 4-5mbps);
- Free equipment for BB (BT Home Hub 3);
- Something called free WiFi anywhere () ;
- Telephone for £13.90 per month;
- BroadBand free for first 3/4 months, then £13.00 thereafter.
TOTAL MONTHLY COST: £26.90 Per Month.
................then when I mentioned im shopping around and considering VM I can get the following SAVE PACKAGE which gives me all of the above, EXCEPT the evening free calls, this switchs to weekends only. Also the BB will be free for first 3/4 months, then it will be £5.00 a month thereafter.....so can get it all for £18.90 per month (need to check if that is plus VAT or inc).
Anyway, there is another saving, but it means I have to pay up front for the full year for the phone line.
So I can have all of the above (SAVE PACKAGE) but need to pay £120.00 for the full year for phone line (which equates to £10.00 per month), and this is a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract and I must make a minimum of 2 calls per month, and the free calls DO count towards this. Internet stays the same @ £5.00 Per Month with the first 3/4 months free.
So assuming I get the 4 months free, the annual cost is: £160.00.
NOW, has anyone used or using the BT services, especially the Internet/Boradband as I have heard some shockers in the past about their service.
Also, your thoughts on the price above would be very helpful.