Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 2.0 Turbo

Hi all, new to the site and the first time i have owned a Vauxhall having owned and driven mainly French (younger years) and German motors.

I have a couple of issues which i have looked about on here and may have found one or two answers but would like to here what you say. The car is a 05 2.0 SRI T with 67k.

The car was last service about a year/10miles ago so i know it needs doing but what is required at a 70k service?

I'm getting alot of noise from the front discs/pads which seems to get worse when turning right (is this something to so with brake clips on pads?).

And finally when i come to a complete stop there is some sort of pinging noise from the front passanger side of the vehicle (i have seen this could be alot of things but any ideas on what the most common is?)

Thanks in advance

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Regarding the service, look at the service history to see if the spark plugs were changed at the last service. If they weren't, then it's worth changing them as this engine works the plugs quite hard. The brake fluid should be changed every two years, and the pollen filter often gets neglected. It's also worth changing the fuel filter by now, which is located under the car, strapped onto the side of the fuel tank, on the driver's side of the vehicle.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks it has the stamp in the book but there isn't any invoices or bills so haven't a clue what was/wasn't done.

I was thinking

Air Filter
    Oil Filter
    Pollen Filter
    So i'll add;

Plugs
    Brake Fluid
    Fuel Filter

Can see this being expensive, am i ok just to buy motor factor parts or would you recommened Vauxhall parts. I know with my other cars for the air filter i have picked up an K+N one so will have one of them.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

The suspension spring might be moving in its seat as you stop, that would not be a problem. Check that it hasn't broken though, it isn't uncommon for the springs to snap. Are you sure the noise is comming from the breaks and not the bearing? A worn bearing would be alot louder when turning in one direction.

Regular Member accveccysriturbo's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I got mine it had all the stamps and everything ticked but I still don't trust service folk.

I got the car July last yr with 50198 on the clock and it had been serviced at 49555 in the January. I had it serviced in the dec at 55081 and had the following done:

Air filter replaced for high flow one. Spark plugs (even though book said they were done January). Fuel filter. Oil filter and oil (dexose 2). Pollen filter. Coolant.

Just been MOTd at 57780 and replaced front and rear pads and disks.

In December I will have it serviced again and have brake fluid, gear box oil, oil and oil filter done.

I just think service your car and it will look after you.

The car I have was leased for two years and then purchased by the same guy and VX did all the services prior to my ownership.

Funny thing is they have done it on the basis of the eco flex schedule (20,000 miles or two years). I clarified this with VX before hand and was told that is fine for this engine.

Horses for courses but I wont leave it two years between services.

Doesn't have to be expensive mate. Join the forum as a member £15 and you get trade on your parts. I got everything for my first service (6 Ltrs of oil included) for £88. Would have been almost £150 for these parts so the £15 is saved immediately. Well worth the money in my oppinion.
    Last edited by accveccysriturbo; 11th May 2011 at 15:51.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Buy the genuine NGK PFR6T-10G spark plugs - the 2.0T doesn't like cheaper alternatives. Although they're expensive at list price from Vauxhall (circa £45), they're available for about £20 on Vauxhall Trade Club.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nutron View Post
    The suspension spring might be moving in its seat as you stop, that would not be a problem. Check that it hasn't broken though, it isn't uncommon for the springs to snap. Are you sure the noise is comming from the breaks and not the bearing? A worn bearing would be alot louder when turning in one direction.
    I had a quick look but couldn't really see anything it's just passed an MOT, but it was done by the garage i just bought the car from so don't think it would pass if it had a cracked spring unless they didn't see it. It could be the bearing makes sense that it gets worse when turning, however it just sounds like the discs. Howfully when it goes back to the garage they will sort it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by accveccysriturbo View Post
    When I got mine it had all the stamps and everything ticked but I still don't trust service folk.

I got the car July last yr with 50198 on the clock and it had been serviced at 49555 in the January. I had it serviced in the dec at 55081 and had the following done:

Air filter replaced for high flow one. Spark plugs (even though book said they were done January). Fuel filter. Oil filter and oil (dexose 2). Pollen filter. Coolant.

Just been MOTd at 57780 and replaced front and rear pads and disks.

In December I will have it serviced again and have brake fluid, gear box oil, oil and oil filter done.

I just think service your car and it will look after you.

The car I have was leased for two years and then purchased by the same guy and VX did all the services prior to my ownership.

Funny thing is they have done it on the basis of the eco flex schedule (20,000 miles or two years). I clarified this with VX before hand and was told that is fine for this engine.

Horses for courses but I wont leave it two years between services.

Doesn't have to be expensive mate. Join the forum as a member £15 and you get trade on your parts. I got everything for my first service (6 Ltrs of oil included) for £88. Would have been almost £150 for these parts so the £15 is saved immediately. Well worth the money in my oppinion.
    I think i'm just going to get it all done will give me piece of mind

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    Buy the genuine NGK PFR6T-10G spark plugs - the 2.0T doesn't like cheaper alternatives. Although they're expensive at list price from Vauxhall (circa £45), they're available for about £20 on Vauxhall Trade Club.
    Is the trade club part of the sign up with the forum?

Regular Member accveccysriturbo's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes mate £15 and you get card and additional forum area access.

You get access to trade club online.

Tbh my mrs was laughing at me when I joined but when she sees the disc outs you get and the info on here she now sees why.

Best £15 I spent all year. Got my disks and pads for £53 for each set so there is like £25 saved on each set.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My car is a 53 plate on ECOService-Flex which is every 20k or 2 years or service light - whichever comes first.

It always tends to get serviced every 15k/18 months via the light.

Requirements are :

0w/30 or 5w/30 fully synthetic LONGLIFE (LL-A-025 or Dexos) every service (6 litres)
    Pollen filter every service

Brake fluid every 2 years

Air filter every 4 years or 40k
    Fuel filter every 4 years or 40k

Spark plugs every 8 years or 80k

Coolant is not specified but I think the GM suggestion for LL coolant is every 5 years or 100k (7.7 litres)

Regarding the pinging I think that is the spring seat and I'm sure I've read there is a modified part to cure it - maybe do a search.

LMF and Autovaux are good places for specific parts as are Eurocarparts for service items.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information