Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default another fuel poll

when u fuel up do u believe that the pump has giving you the fuel it says it has reason i ask is i had a 1/4 put £30 in and was below 1/2 today dont seem right

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yer as if they got done there be hell to pay just think £30 is only like 20 odd liter vec tank 60 plus

i put £40 in and got 29.odd liter at 139.9 (i think that price)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 Aero

Trim : Aero

Engine : 2.8 Turbo V6

Year : 2006

Mileage : 62000

I use to be a facilities manager for a big motorway service's, Tranding standards and the fuel company (shell/esso/bp etc etc) undergoe random monthly testing on pumps measurments and octane ratings. If the amount is 2-3% under or over the fine is massive.
    The once a forecourt supervisor completed delivery paperwork incorrectly and the tanker driver ended up putting V-power in the standard unleaded tanks and normal in the v-power. The site got a 5 figure fine and had to sell the v-power at normal unleaded rice making another loss.......

We had complaints like yours a few times, they were normally ive put a fiver or tenner in and the needle hasnt moved??????? Stick 4-8 litres in a car when empty and chances are it wont lol. But yeah ive done the same has 1/4 tank stuck £25 in and only got just under half.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR8 6.0 muscle SRI ESTATE XP1

Trim : VXR/ SRI ESTATE CDTI XP1

Engine : 6.0 V8 Thunder

Year : 2008

TIPS ON PUMPING GAS

I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in California we are paying up to $3.75 to $4.10 per gallon. My line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon:

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose , CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline.. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon.. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. You should be pumping on low mode, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL. The reason for this is the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space.. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up;most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.

To have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gasbuyers. It's really simple to do.
    VXR IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR THRILLS !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers chris usefull

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR8 6.0 muscle SRI ESTATE XP1

Trim : VXR/ SRI ESTATE CDTI XP1

Engine : 6.0 V8 Thunder

no worries fella
    VXR IS FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR THRILLS !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Also the tank isn't a perfect shape, the top "half" maybe bigger/smaller than the bottom "half" depending on the design. So £30 near empty may make the gauge move more than £30 if its already on the half way mark.
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvectra View Post
    TIPS ON PUMPING GAS

I don't know what you guys are paying for gasoline.... but here in California we are paying up to $3.75 to $4.10 per gallon. My line of work is in petroleum for about 31 years now, so here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every gallon:

Here at the Kinder Morgan Pipeline where I work in San Jose , CA we deliver about 4 million gallons in a 24-hour period thru the pipeline.. One day is diesel the next day is jet fuel, and gasoline, regular and premium grades. We have 34-storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 gallons.

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon.. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. You should be pumping on low mode, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL. The reason for this is the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space.. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up;most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom.

To have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gasbuyers. It's really simple to do.
    And on top of that:

- Fill up in the morning when it's colder - hense fuel is denser.
    - Usual - keep tyre inflated to correct pressure.
    - Anticipate what the car and other road users are doing in front of you are doing by leaving a gap, then when the car in front slows down, you can use the gears to slow down. Btw if you have to do an emergency stop by all means do so!!!
    - Maintain constant speed.
    - Don't stop and start the engine too much - ie limit driving to long journeys.
    - Maintain constant speed where possible.

Gazza4

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.8 T V6

Mileage : 62000

I always said I didn't trust the fuel pumps because of similar reasons.. but I filled up the other day as my tank was empty (was literally running on fumes) and I thought I'd see how much my tank could hold.. turns out it holds more than my wallet does haha. £83.02 filled my tank up to the point of overflowing.. this read as 59.35 litres on the pump (told you I was running on fumes!).. so I think I just about trust the machines now.. or that one at least!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Quote Originally Posted by bangty 1 View Post
    yer as if they got done there be hell to pay just think £30 is only like 20 odd liter vec tank 60 plus

i put £40 in and got 29.odd liter at 139.9 (i think that price)
    £15 is probably less than 2 gallons now, so £30 will be 3 1/2 - 4 gallons, depending what grade/type fuel you put in. I did vote no, as I keep an eye on what it claims to have delivered, but I've never had real cause to doubt the pump. Just the prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information