Thread: egr and dpf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default egr and dpf

i know what these do but why take them out when remap and what difference will it make if removed and how.
    such as will i get smoke out exhaust, power loss orther probs caused by remove any help wud be great as due for remap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

anyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When you remove cat and dpf you let the exhaust flow better. You will feel a nice different after removing this. You need to stop regenerering of the dpf, and you will need a remap. Regenerering is regularly cleaning of dpf, and use the injectors to increase the amount of diesel so the exhaust temperature gets higher and burn soot-particle in the dpf. This will reduce quality of your oil faster then a engine without dpf. Egr blanking gives a cleaner air in the combustion room and gives more power. On the cdti 150 the swirl flaps will not soot down so fast, and gets longer lifetime before they need to be changed.

Hopes ths help.

Ket

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yeah so would you do the remap and remove do i have to remove the egr and dpf its self or just stop the operation via remap and does it smoke anymore anyone done it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The egr can be turn off in the map, so you dont need to do something. But I think its the best to also set a blanking plate to be sure it is no exhaust gases leak in to the engine.

Dpf you need to take off the midle exhaust pipe where the cat and dpf are. The cat and dpf are mount close to each other. You cut pipe between cat and dpf, and use a long drill (or something) to get out the stuff inside. When finish, and its emtpty inside you need to weld it back together. Its easy, and you will feel the different. Just to get off the cat and dpf gives you the feeling to have 10 more hp

Thread Information