User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: air con

  1. #1
    Regular Member crispy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    lincs
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Angry air con

    Has anyone got any idea how long your air con should last my car is just 2 years old had to take it to the local vx dealer because i was lead to believe the air con system would be covered by the network q and manufacturers warranty only to be told its £75 for a regas but if it leaks out i will get my money back if it doesnt i wont get a refund

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    kirriemuir
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    just had mine in this week for the same just over 2 years, check it and said they would change the condensor since its in warrenty try to get them to do the same my bottom of the condensor looked like it was 10 years old fins missing etc

  3. #3
    Regular Member crispy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    lincs
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slugo View Post
    just had mine in this week for the same just over 2 years, check it and said they would change the condensor since its in warrenty try to get them to do the same my bottom of the condensor looked like it was 10 years old fins missing etc
    ok thanks for the info

  4. #4
    Regular Member Whisky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kirkcaldy/Barrow-in-Furness
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Failing that, just hangfire for a month or so until Vx start offers on Aircon for the summer

  5. #5
    Full Member Big Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Is a very naughty boy
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    How long should it last? Depends how its used. My signum was about 6 years old and was fine, my GSi was 7 years old and was fine
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Norwich
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats


    Trim : SXi

    Engine : 2.2


    Default

    Never really use mone but switched it on the other day and no cold air. Any suggestions for the best place to have it done? Was going to do it myself

  7. #7
    Full Member Big Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Is a very naughty boy
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    Never really use mone but switched it on the other day and no cold air. Any suggestions for the best place to have it done? Was going to do it myself
    How were you going to vac it out and weigh the correct amount in? Too much gas is worse than not enough.
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 2.0 CDTi

    Year : 2013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    Never really use mone but switched it on the other day and no cold air.
    That'll be why it's not working.

    You need to run it regularly (even in winter). Along with gas in the system, there is also oil which helps to lubricate rubber seals. If you don't use it, the oil doesn't get circulated around the system and the seals dry out and perish.

    In short, if you've got AC - use it or lose it. It also makes for a good demister - another reason to use it in winter in conjunction with the heater, just like climate control systems do.

    As to the original question, my car is coming up to 5 yrs old and the AC system has never been worked on and still blows icy cold air. Most probably helped by being used every time I use the car.

  9. #9
    Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SCOTLAND
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    That'll be why it's not working.

    You need to run it regularly (even in winter). Along with gas in the system, there is also oil which helps to lubricate rubber seals. If you don't use it, the oil doesn't get circulated around the system and the seals dry out and perish.

    In short, if you've got AC - use it or lose it. It also makes for a good demister - another reason to use it in winter in conjunction with the heater, just like climate control systems do.

    As to the original question, my car is coming up to 5 yrs old and the AC system has never been worked on and still blows icy cold air. Most probably helped by being used every time I use the car.
    As above i was chatting today about this and got same advice, which i knew but didnt always use so now i have a knacked condensor.

  10. #10
    Regular Member degsy1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Here
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I have just had the same thingon my 2 yr old vec, was told £60 for regas but if it leaked and was an item under warranty i would get money back. Turned out to be the condensor and got changed under warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •