User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: cyclists... i love my new bargin but is there alot of work??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default cyclists... i love my new bargin but is there alot of work??

Hi, ive just bought off a mate thats moving house and doesnt cycle anymore a GT aggressor xc3 bike with roxshox dart 2 shockers, deore brakes, race face pedal arms, alexrims dp17 wheels and its a really nice blue frame. All for only £40!, now the work and parts it needs are as follows, brake pads for discs, a medium and large front cogs, front and back deraillurs with a front derailur shifter (has back shifter) and a chain. Is this goin to be costly and a pain to sort out or have i got a bargin that only requires abit of time?? Thanks chaps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : 18VVT Z18XER

Year : 2006

Mileage : 130k

Good bargin you got there. Sure its the same as modding the Vectra. Put some love into the bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jow20 View Post
    Hi, ive just bought off a mate thats moving house and doesnt cycle anymore a GT aggressor xc3 bike with roxshox dart 2 shockers, deore brakes, race face pedal arms, alexrims dp17 wheels and its a really nice blue frame. All for only £40!, now the work and parts it needs are as follows, brake pads for discs, a medium and large front cogs, front and back deraillurs with a front derailur shifter (has back shifter) and a chain. Is this goin to be costly and a pain to sort out or have i got a bargin that only requires abit of time?? Thanks chaps
    Dont like to say but I got a new one for £300 from evans cycles with hydrolic brakes....with the parts you need to buy I dont think you will be much cheaper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : gsi

Engine : 3.2 v6

Year : 2004

Mileage : 69,000

depends how expensive you want to go and how hard it will be rode? if you are using it for commuting you could make do with lower end gear if not then still could be done for less than £100 if you keep an eye out on ebay, pads are cheap, chain's are cheap you'd need to change all 3 front cogs as they come in a set, but could be got cheaply depending how high you want it to be spec'd derailliers are going to be the expensive ones, though you can get a shimano xt shadow rear derailier for about £50-£60 from ebay and the front one will be about £15-£20 cheaper hth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im going to give it a good clean tommorow, its been sat untouched in a garage a while, it has got odd scratches here n there but for that money the upgraded front shox are worth more than i payed! Once ive done with it, ready for the canal rides it will look mint! Its goin to be getting sand coloured tyres, nice new alloy colour coded pedals etc.. i bought it to give me something to do to be honest ill feel real good riding it knowing ive half built it and made it what it is today rather than just buying a new bike and riding it, this will havea sense of acheivement with it! And hopefully will be still quids in once done, as these bikes still fetch well over 200 on the bay as standard with no upgrades so even if i spend a hundred on it im still gunna have a bargin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had the exact same bike , good bit of kit , never broke anything off it though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by robengland9 View Post
    Dont like to say but I got a new one for £300 from evans cycles with hydrolic brakes....with the parts you need to buy I dont think you will be much cheaper
    How much cheaper do you want me to get it for! lol, and the parts i need dont cost that much. It certainly wont be touchin near £300! In total ill end up avin about another 70 - 90 in it tops.....£40 wont even buy you a babys toddler bike!
    Last edited by Jow20; 7th May 2011 at 00:54.

Thread Information