Thread: Help needed with DA polishes and pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Help needed with DA polishes and pads

Well i will be taking delivery of my das6 on tuesday and im in need of some help with pads etc, for the time being im planning on using my current products which are dodo juice lime prime, meguiars ultimate compound and ag srp. i am looking at buying the following pads

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250808455542&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250808456184&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130447329613&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

also do i need to wet the pads before i use them or can i just apply my ultimate compound or lime price etc straight on the pad then take straight to the car? one last thing i would be extremly greatful if you could tell me the process i should use to get my light swirl marks out of my arden blue veccy, i will be snowfoaming, wash 2bm, clay, wash, then use the DA with the products and pads you recommend and then wax with dodo juice blue velvet, cheers guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi mate I was sent this info by another member hope it helps, " wash the pads first aand allow them to dry then prime the pad using the product of choice, to do this all i did was put a cross on the pad and smeared it around the pad using my fingers. after that all you should need to do is ad 2-3 skittle sized beads of product. when using the da always have the cable coming over your shoulder so as to avoid the cable rubbing the paintwork.

before switching the da on, place the pad on the surface of the panel and rub it around slightly so as to avoid it flicking over the place when starting up. start the da up on speed setting 1 and quickly moved the pad across the panel (when doing the bonnet and roof do them in 3 sections). when the product is spread over the area you're working on turn the speed up (ultimate compound=speed 5-6, polish=speed 4-5, glaze=speed 3) and work the da in an up/down motion overlaping the previous pass. when you have reached the end of the area you are working change to a left/right motion and contiue changin between the motions each time you reach the end, work the product in for 5 minutes per section until the surface because to shine and the product kind of hazes (you'll understand what i mean when you do it) "

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks alot for that bud some good info, don't suppose you can shed some light on my pad choice can you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You need a different pad for each product, depends how bad you car is, depends what pad to use for UC. I use a megs yellow one right now, but I want a cutting pad.

I would use a meg's black finishing pad for both SRP and lime prime, so the choice is yours, I have never used the dodo juice waffle pads.

With the meg's pads no wetting is needed, however I put some product on the pad before hand and rub it all over it, to get rid of any dry spots on the pad.

For light swirls I would start with a yellow meg's pad, see how it goes, if it does not get rid of them, then get the cutting pad out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Chuckleuk,
    Have a look at this link some good info for you here...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...re-advice.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well thanks for the replys some great info there, I have decided to go with the meguiars pads, just one more thing if I wash the pads can I then use a different product on the pad and what is best methord to wash pads, cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You can wash the pad's then I do not see a reason what product is used afterwards. I put mine in one a quick 40 degree wash. No softener, just washing powder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers ginge thanks alot for your help buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

can anyone recommend some poorboys products to use with a da and would i be right in doing my detailing in the correct order below
    snowfoam
    was 2bm
    clay
    wash 2bm
    swirl remover
    polish
    dodo juice lime prime
    wax
    and then can i apply poorboys EX-P sealent or is this to be used insted of wax, i just want my car to look as wet as possible, my car is arden blue and i use dodo juice blue velvet wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That is fine, however if you want to add a wax and a sealent (There is no need to but can be done) Then seal it first, then leave an hour before applying wax.

There are some real good products out at the moment for giving a real wet look, Chemical guys have some awesome products, Zanio do some awesome products to finish your car off too and gtechniq C1 is another favourite of some detailers...... But most important, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Last edited by Ginge7289; 2nd May 2011 at 18:07.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information