Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking Newbie with a question

Hi,

Purchased a 2005 Vectra 1.9 CDTi 150 two weeks ago.
    Iv had to search Google for a few things & its pointed me in the direction of Vectra-C.com - so guessed it would be a good idea to register.

I purchased my Vectra with 120k on the clock, making sure the clutch and flywheel had been done - bodywork not perfect, few little issues here and there but I got it for £2500 with full service history - which I was quite pleased with.

I purchased it as I had just written off my Ibiza Cupra R and need to get around for work .etc - I am still very much gutted about the Ibiza, as I had spent around £7k in the past two years and was nigh on 260bhp / 290lb/ft. But I was driving like a tool, so lessons must be learnt I guess.

Since I have had the Vectra I carried out an oil and filter change combined with an engine flush (used fully synthetic 5-40w) - replaced a few little other bits, i.e-floor mats.etc
    Also replacing the thermostat next week, as its constantly reading a low temperature & only climbing when stuck in traffic.

Heres my question - Whilst I was under the car I noticed gearbox oil slightly weeping out (about a drop every few days I would say) - but looking back through the MOT history on line, its had this oil leak for over a year.
    Im wanting to replace the gearbox oil and keep it topped up for peace of mind.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of the gearbox oil drain & fill points? Do they require any special key/socket? Also, how do I know when the gearbox oil level is full? (on my Ibiza I just filled until oil started coming out of the fill point)

Many thanks!
    Alex.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi and welcome Alex. Indeed a decent sounding car, as for the oil leak do you have an idea as to where it is leaking? as that will be the first point to looking for a solution I would say. The second point it should be an F40 box and it is not the easiest to drain and refill from memory it has a plug under the weather shield on the n/s to refill it and the drain plus I think,,,,, think,,, is a large torx socket on the side like the one in this post.

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114193

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Many thanks for the link Derek.
    Haven't looked at it in depth, but initial inspection shows that its coming from where the gearbox bolts to the engine.
    As its only weeping, im just wanting to make sure its at the correct level - don't think it would be cost effective to get it repaired at its current mileage.

Thread Information