Thread: Few Problems z22se...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Few Problems z22se...

Hi, all i have a 2004 vectra 2.2 Z22se engine with 72k miles and mostly main dealer history, I bought the car with a slipped timing chain.

Had it into garage and 16 new valves, new valve guides, timing chain & genuine vx chain gaskett, head gaskett and bolts, followers and foller arms, while it was there new genuine gm plugs, air and oil filter...

Ok so picked it up on monday, drive home was fine but i noticed if i coast than tap the throttle was a bit jumpy before it takes off and idle a little up and down, so i unplugged the Maf and it was fine so replaced Maf and cleared the dtc, back to the same problem, so thats the 1st problem.

Decided to clean the Tb today thinking that might the issue and i noticed a fair bit of oil in my inlet manifold? checked the dipstic and was 1/2 way between full and empty since monday so in 5 days, Then i noticed a biot of smoke for first 40 seconds on start up then clears???

So a summary, got the idle up and down a bit, and the jumpy ness it also sounds like ive got an induction kit fitted when i havnt, and the oil in inlet and the usage of oil??? So all in all it cost £320 for labour and aprox £400 in parts. Work was done in a proper auto centre near me with aprox 6 garages in chain. Any advice...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bump any idea's???

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

Valve stem seals, that could explain the oil on start up and also oil in the manifold and pressure is pushed passed the valves into the cam cover then out the breather into the intake? Although, its quite normal for the SE manifold to have oil in. Have you asked on the 2.2 forum mate? z22se.co.uk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers dude, i was thinking oil seals but the garage was ment to have replaced them, Phoned them up and they told me piston rings? but the engines only got 72k and i would have thought if it was the rings then it would do it all the time. I will try the 2.2 forum. cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

will be rings ..ifit has had a chain fail andthe pistonshave hit the valves i would say the rings have jammed in this is a common 2.2 problem .....total engine strip to fix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi benny, Yes the pistons did hit as they had little sort of half moon shapes off the valves. Would i need to replace the whole pistons or just the rings???

Any idea on the jumpyness and idle, if i unplug the maf it sorts it but the maf is not at fault? it's mainly jumpy if you coast and go to ta the throttle or speed up it's just a bit jumpy before it goes? also would the rings be responsible for oil in inlet mani? What i dont want to do is replace the rings and still have the oil burning probs, but it had new valve seals when had the valves ect...

Also last thing as its only done aprox 100miles since having the valves in would i need another head gaskett set and new head bolts even though they are so new? Cheers

Thread Information