User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess who just recieved a VXR EDS Motorsport IPF remapping kit ;)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up Guess who just recieved a VXR EDS Motorsport IPF remapping kit ;)

Oooooh mega excited. I don't like to brag but.... Just recieved the EDS Motorsport IPF kit today direct from EDS-motorsport.de.

For those not aware of what it is (for the 2.8 anyways) it is basically a better version of the bluefin. You recieve the software for the computer, tuning box, and have the option of around 9 or so remaps for the car including the standard setup... so you can change it whenever you like

Same as used my Midpoint Garage I believe... who are doing VERY well with Vectra VXR modifications right now... and all at a cost of 495 euros... Which works out at around 450 squid, 150 less than MPG charge to do the map with them!

Just wondering if anyone could share some knowledge before I contact EDS direct. The maps are designed for cars with the upgraded exhaust system fitted... However would remapping the standard Signum with the standard double exit exhaust be okay for now?

Can't get the new one fitted til I am back in the UK, and I wondered if it is just a case of, yes you can but you won't see the peak performance gain, or no you will destroy your turbo...?

Would quite like to check out this 305bhp map with all that extra torque

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i'd say that the standard zorst wont see the full potential of the re-map , as you are already thining . i'd be surprised if it was for any other reason mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeh I'm sure I have heard of lads when I was younger who remapped their cars in standard spec with no problems, like you said you miss out on the extra bhp from the exhaust setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i bought one for my gsi a few months ago and its a pain to set up on the computer as if you are using windows 7 you need the proffesional eddition to get xp to work and i had to remove 6 fuses to get the map to upload! it doesnt tell you any of this on theyre website. and regal wont help you either as you didnt buy it from them.

i know its off topic but just some warning if it doesnt work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Could just fit a VXR exhaust then it surely will work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm getting a custom 3" Janspeed setup when I am next back in the UK. Popped to their workshop and they had some serious motors in their. A BTCC Honda, some lower spec Rally Cars and some very expensive classics in for engine rebuilds etc...

So, if anyone is local to Salisbury and fancies an exhaust they said it would not be more than £500 but more likely around the £350 mark I highly recommend them!

Well... used the box, and no problems changing maps at all. Was so easy, with the lil netbook in the car, the only problem is you need a live internet signal... so if your not running wireless within range of the car your going to be pacing around a lot.

Many choices of maps... The highest was 310ps and 550nm torque but I went for the more subtle 300pc and 500nm to test for a difference

All I can say is 1st gear is pretty much useless for anything but tyre burning... and your up in 2nd within the 3 second region! I was up onto 110mph within moments...

The biggest difference imo is in 4th... the turbo kicks in like your in 2nd gear in standard guise! Mrs is 2 days overdue so hoping that might get it started hehehehe.

I don't have diagnostics kit but its 24 degrees, the car was running at 88 degrees the whole time even with the heavy foot so if anything it seems to be running better than before. Throttle is more responsive, and engine runs smoother when driving normally. Exhaust fumes don't smell like its running rich so tempted to keep it as it is.

If anyone knows of ANY problems from the slightly higher back pressure of the standard exhaust apart from reduced performance (I would say I am probably only seeing 285-290ps instead of the full 300 due to the average gains of 9bhp on a sports exhaust), then please let me know

If anyone wants any information on where to order the kit from feel free to PM me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Luke ... one of the main reasons i "overlooked" the EDS system was that its designed to be run on the sport button of a VXR ... so how are you getting past this >

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I did a bit of research and turns out there LOADS of maps available. I had a look through and there is something like

230ps
    240ps
    290ps
    300ps/500nm
    310ps/550nm

then ones like

250ps - sport 300ps

So you have the option of one setting maps or two setting maps for the sport button.

It also included decat maps and alsorts Well worth it, and only 495 euros so get that converted into £££ (plus i got it tax free as its a nice little loophole we are entitled too serving out in Germany with the forces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Heres the link for the Z28NET it only shows a couple of the mapping options but as you can see some have one setting, others have 2 (sport setting)

http://www.eds-motorsport.de/shop/en...a30ab473847a99

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Luke ... looks like they reccomend the precat down pipe as part of their upgrade

nice to see they list exhaust systems as well

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information