Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ross DTi 2.2
    Also, a point to remember mate. As you've sold your car and you have nothing to trade in, make sure you get a couple of hundred knocked off the price if you're buying from a dealer. There are plenty of these cars around so its a buyers market, don't accept any tatty examples or dodgy histories and let the dealer know that you'll be happy to give your cash to his rival down the road unless he's willing to negotiate.
    Thanks for the advice, that's why going to take time and find the "right" one for me so to speak.

Boot space are they near enough the same for hatch/estate etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bootspace in litres:

Vec C Hatch: Min 500. Max 1050
    Vec C Estate: Min 540. Max 1850
    Signum: Min 365. Max 1410

Figures from whatcar. Loadspace is excellent in all versions. The Signum suffers with the seats up because it devotes so much of its space to rear passengers (reclining rear seats etc). Possibly something worth thinking about if you rarely carry passengers in the rear as you'd have less boot space in the Signum but some put its unconventional styling above loadspace.

The Vec-C estate has about the largest loadspace in its class, its positively cavernous. The hatch has a respectably large loadspace, I find it to be more than adequate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Perry m8, I considered a Signum as well before I changed my hatch, but when you look at both, nothing comes even close to the estate for boot size, and all the extra hidden space you get in it as well. (False boot floor, side compartments etc)
    If boot space is a issue for you, the estate certainly wins hands down.
    The Signum is based on the same floor plan as the estate, but as I said, it does not quite have the same boot space, how ever both have significantly more leg room in the back compared to the hatch.
    I really noticed this when I changed, the hatch is almost cramped, where as the estate and Signum are that much more spacious.
    I do really like the Signum, but the estate won it for me on two accounts, one the boot size, and two the estate is better value for money as the Signums do hold their value better then the Vec's.
    As for engine, well this is probably the most important thing to get right, take it from someone who got it wrong first time, it is an expensive mistake to make.
    Out of the petrol's, I think the 2.0 turbo is the one to go for, but not an option for me as I wanted another auto and that was not an option on the turbo.
    Of the diesels, I also considered the 3.0, but they are not as economical as others, and they are much harder to find.
    I would have loved a 1.9, but I don't think I'd have been happy with the 120(8 valve) and would have wanted the 150(16 valve) and my budget just wouldn't stretch that far, I think you will also still struggle to find one you want in the right spec/price.
    I'd also avoid the 2.0DTi, not that there is nothing wrong with it, but it is rather underpowered for a car the size of the Vec C.
    I eventually opted for the 2.2DTI as best balance on economy and power on my budget.
    As for model, well the SRi's look the best, from factory, IMO, they have the sports seats and suspension. But the elite has all the toys, full leather etc.
    The closest spec you get to SRi in a Signum is a Design, which also has all the sports gear, sadly the Design Vec doesn't.
    However, the Irmscher suspension kits are spot on, a lot better than the factory SRi, and it is easier to make an Elite look like an SRi than it is to upgrade the interior of an SRi, so I guess it all comes down to what you want, knowing you, it wont be standard for long anyway !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for that GG, so looking at Sri or Elite then in Vectra form, and how well you know me, already been looking at prices for kits and suspension etc etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lol, why does that not suprise me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Whilst talking to a Vauxhall bod last week about the Signum, he is getting one due to a change in family life, he said that the 3.0 comes with the sports chassis and is a real steal if yu don't want no more than 4 seats.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information