User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Rain/Light Sensor Fit

  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Rain/Light Sensor Fit

    Right chaps,

    New windscreen into today.. complete with the bracket for the lights/rain sensor.

    Sourced a roof loom cable with lighted visors, rain sensor, mirror etc.

    I have read a few old posts about getting the sensor to stick to the windscreen. These were 2008 posts, so is there now an easier way to do this, or can i even get the gel sticky thing by itself?

    I am assuming the sensor i have found is likely to only be the rain type, is there a part number for the one which does both Rain and Auto Lights?

    I know i will also need a new headlight switch module with Auto, so might as well go the whole hog and get it all done then Tech2'd in one go.

    It was kenp who started the retro fit post a while back so any input you might be able to inject would be useful.

    Cheers
    Aidi

  2. #2
    Regular Member lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    @home
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidi View Post
    Right chaps,

    New windscreen into today.. complete with the bracket for the lights/rain sensor.

    Sourced a roof loom cable with lighted visors, rain sensor, mirror etc.

    I have read a few old posts about getting the sensor to stick to the windscreen. These were 2008 posts, so is there now an easier way to do this, or can i even get the gel sticky thing by itself?

    I am assuming the sensor i have found is likely to only be the rain type, is there a part number for the one which does both Rain and Auto Lights?

    I know i will also need a new headlight switch module with Auto, so might as well go the whole hog and get it all done then Tech2'd in one go.

    It was kenp who started the retro fit post a while back so any input you might be able to inject would be useful.

    Cheers
    Aidi
    If you have the correct windscreen then the sensor clips into the bonded bracket.

    I retrofitted this to my facelift.

  3. #3
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Good point!!

    Does this bracket (which i have) negate the need for this silicone gel ? Wasnt too sure if the gel was only for securing it, or if it played some part of the operation of the sensor?

  4. #4
    Regular Member lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    @home
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidi View Post
    Good point!!

    Does this bracket (which i have) negate the need for this silicone gel ? Wasnt too sure if the gel was only for securing it, or if it played some part of the operation of the sensor?
    I just clipped mine on, no gel.. it's not moved since I put it there.

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Thanks mate. Thats one area sorted.

    Dont suppose you know how to identify if the sensor is just for rain or rain/auto lights?

  6. #6
    Regular Member lofty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    @home
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 1.9 CDTi


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidi View Post
    Thanks mate. Thats one area sorted.

    Dont suppose you know how to identify if the sensor is just for rain or rain/auto lights?
    There should be a single cell that seems separate from the rest. Alos there's two types of connectors for the sensor... I needed the smaller connector:

    Small

    Large

  7. #7
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    That should not be a worry for me, i have found a set which comes complete removed from a 07 Vectra.

    Its just that i dont know if its just a rain sensor or a rain and auto lights sensor.

  8. #8
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South West
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    oops. duplicate post

  9. #9
    Full Member plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 150

    Year : 05

    Mileage : 74000

    Default

    That silcon gel layer is part of the rain sensor.. It can peel off but should be attached/part of it. Its something to do with the gel sensing the rain.
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

  10. #10
    Regular Member kenp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kr. Hyllinge, Denmark
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C


    Engine : 2.2 Direct

    Year : 2004

    Default

    if you have a rainsensor from a facelift, they are all ready for lightsensor too.. (remember you then if want autolights) also to get a lightswitch for autoligts..

    ive retrofitted rainsensor too.. (cant have autoligts thou )

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rain/light sensor mount.
    By lee gsi in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15th January 2013, 20:31
  2. right wire for light/rain sensor
    By khile in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4th December 2012, 21:54
  3. For Sale: Half Can Rain/Light sensor (2 available)
    By lee gsi in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 8th August 2011, 20:06
  4. Rain & light sensor
    By Dave78 in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21st March 2011, 17:19

Visitors found this page by searching for:

vectra c light sensor

light sensor vectra

fitting rain light sensor vectra

vectra c windscreen with light sensor

https:www.vectra-c.comforumshowthread.php135796-Rain-Light-Sensor-Fit

vectra c rain sensor

vectra c rain sensor bracket

corsa c rain sensor light sensor

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •