User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just written a Complaint email to Vx HQ about continous EGR problems.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default I just written a Complaint email to Vx HQ about continous EGR problems.

Yep, I have just written a very lenghty and descriptive email to Vx HQ complaining about ongoing issues with CDTI 150 "EGR valves" and the fact that my car has had 3/4 in 3 years, which I find unaceptable.

I have also threatened them with contacting BBC Watchdog & Trading Standards.

Lets see what they come back with.

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm hoping not to sound impolite at pointing this out, but have you heard about the principle of how a story is judged to be news worthy by the media? They say if it's a "dog bites man" story, they're not interested, as it's common place. If, on the other hand, it's a "man bites dog" story, then they're very interested. Sadly, "unreliable emissions control hardware on modern diesel engines" falls into the dog-bites-man category.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Tell them that you bit your EGR valve (while changing for the n'th time)!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wouldn't have gone in guns blazing ... should have been polite, remarked on how you like the car but feel disappointed about the EGR issues and find the numbers replaced in a short period of time to appear to be a design issue rather than wear and tear or 'odd fault'.

I think you've fell at the first hurdle with Watchdog etc threats I'm afraid

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    I'm hoping not to sound impolite at pointing this out, but have you heard about the principle of how a story is judged to be news worthy by the media? They say if it's a "dog bites man" story, they're not interested, as it's common place. If, on the other hand, it's a "man bites dog" story, then they're very interested. Sadly, "unreliable emissions control hardware on modern diesel engines" falls into the dog-bites-man category.
    Point taken, but its more of a threat, and not a threat in the way its worded. I have just pointed out that "other" vectra models have been in the news too so im sure they'll interested in hearing from more disgruntled customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris SRi View Post
    Tell them that you bit your EGR valve (while changing for the n'th time)!

Quote Originally Posted by chewy71 View Post
    I wouldn't have gone in guns blazing ... should have been polite, remarked on how you like the car but feel disappointed about the EGR issues and find the numbers replaced in a short period of time to appear to be a design issue rather than wear and tear or 'odd fault'.
    I think you've fell at the first hurdle with Watchdog etc threats I'm afraid
    I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I have written a subtle letter of complaint that my EGR has failed for the umpteenth time and I would like some feedback/action.
    Again the threat of Watchdog has been a subtle line to say I have considered it seeing as the amount of people who have had issues with it.

I have shown a friend the email and they too have said that its a very soft letter of complaint from what seems to be a disgruntled customer.

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I tried complaining with VX - I was furious at spending thousands on my 2.2i direct fuel pumps which were clearly a design fault and my anger and threats got me nowhere, now when complaining about my squeaky seats, I pointed out that despite my disappointment with my previous 2.2i, I loved the basic car and bought a diesel equivalent. Having researched and discovered many people with the squeaky seat issues from forums, I simply asked if they had a field remedy to which they booked me in to the dealer for immediate rectification at no cost to me.

There is a way to deal with VX when complaining.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To be honest, I have pointed out my love of the brand, I have pointed out my familys many many years of ownership.
    My MAIN gripe in the email is that I am expected to shell out £170.00 for the supply and fit of an EGR Valve every 8-10 months, which is roughly what it has been so far.
    My current one was replaced under warranty in June last year and 9 months on its gone again (when the original one was considered knackered after 9 months also), so thats my focus of complaint that Vx want me to cough up again!

I have also spoken with VX HQ rep's and I was quite offended that they told me that the style of driving has probably caused the problems and they also annoyed me when they said that the failue of this product is a charecteristic of this car/component, which I find ENTIRELY appaulling! I have stressed that by the comments of the rep it appears that I am expected to pay a minimum of £150.00 per annum on an EGR valve on top of regular servicing and maintenace costs!

Again, there have been no statements or threats apart from me saying I am considering contacting BBC but I would rather not as it destroys the brand in the publics eyes!

Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, I agree with you 100% buddy and hope it's resolved in your favour. VX just don;t seem to acknowledge design faults like Toyota etc do.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had almost the exact same thing with the CIM module on my car.

After 3 replacements under warranty, and then it failing again and being charged £468 by VX to replace it, i wrote a polite and factful letter to VX and had a reply back within a few days stating they were going to look into it.

3 Weeks later i got a call from them saying that 4x CIM units in just as many years was not acceptable, and i was refunded the full amount.

Perhaps i was lucky, but i kept a cool head and waited to see what their response was before trying a different and perhaps a more aggresive approach.

Rgds
    Aidi

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

always found one kind word is worth more than a thousand harsh words, but sometimes the issue gets a bit too much especially when its your money and time,so best of luck on this crusade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information