0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Default Neighbours update

Before I start, the last thread was closed due to the multiple offers/threats of mayhem on my behalf - no more please as this one will go.
    Following the last incidents, the CSO/Police spent all weekend trying to get hold of the prson (who was in) but he refused to answer the door, till they were off shift lunchtime Sunday. 3pm Sunday, he started a loud party/bar b q on the fence line, the loud music and drunken singing went on till 3am.
    I've reinstated the noise case this morning, written to hiis employers, and the police still want to talk to him.
    The funny part was, he was told by EH NO noise after 11pm, annd, after he toned it down but kept it going after midnight, I said "give him a break". Apparently he was recently told the case had been dropped, now we know what he'll do.
    I wonder, if this goes the distance, and he gets an ASBO or crinimal conviction, how that will affect his job, car insurance (runs a big BMW) and "own company" - I'm assuming that means he does jobs on the side. Wonder if he declares hiis extra income?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Surly if he's having a bbq and loud party at that time of night others must be complaining? Im surprised the police don't just come back around 5pm when there's always a good chance of getting most people in. Did you not phone them back when the party was going on into that time of the morning? I cant imagine the police would stand outside his door with a party going on and him not answering the door, is there not access to his rear garden for them to get to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by DasArab View Post
    Surly if he's having a bbq and loud party at that time of night others must be complaining? Im surprised the police don't just come back around 5pm when there's always a good chance of getting most people in. Did you not phone them back when the party was going on into that time of the morning? I cant imagine the police would stand outside his door with a party going on and him not answering the door, is there not access to his rear garden for them to get to?

It mainly affects us, his garden backs on to the dividing fence, the row of houses he's in are a good 300yds further back whereas it's 30ft from our bedroom window, we're on a corner plot, the fence runs diagonal making our garden two triangles side and back. He's built this "summerhouse" 2 inches off the dividing fence on raised decking.
    The front neighbours can hear it but don't want to get involved, one side of him go to the parties, the other are intimidated by him.
    The police say noise is not in their remit, they will. if push comes to shove, and they're not busy, come and ask him to turn it down, but that only lasts till they leave. There is access, and visibility, down the side of the house, but it's private property, and he stays off to the side out of sight.
    They have now backtracked from Friday and say there is no record of our call and us being told it was harassment, they will attend if/when someone gets hurt or is under threat of violence. We did phone at gone 1am to ask if someone could have a word, they said they'd email the local office and see if anyone was available - apparently not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You need to start filming all this anti-social behaviour - you'd be surprised at how even reasonable people - police, council, etc - can deny that anything is taking place unless presented with video evidence. If no one had filmed Ian Tomlinson being pushed to the ground by a policeman at the G20 protests, there wouldn't be an inquest going on right now, despite dozens of people having seen it happen with their own eyes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

why would an Asbo affect his car insurance ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep agree with Jezzy. You need to document everything to get anywhere. Times, dates, video clips you name it you need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i feel for you grumpy, there some rite nobbs out there, i won't say to much because it will probably get deleted again.hope you get it sorted mate. cheers. luke

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by kns View Post
    why would an Asbo affect his car insurance ?

Not sure it would, but a criminal conviction would, and, as he's a coucil employee, even an ASBO would be a big blot on his copybook. So much has to be declared these dayswhen you apply for anything, insurance, bank accounts etc. Proof of being a bad lad can cause unexpected issues.
    I'm glad I wasn't on the road this morning. when he drove the works van to work around 7.30am, having been drinking for 12 hours till 3am.
    I used to have a friend, heavy drinker, never really sobered up, lost his licence a few years back.
    What with that, and leaving his kids alone in the house for 6-9 hours while he's up our end getting legless, how far does it have to go before it does become a police issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    You need to start filming all this anti-social behaviour - you'd be surprised at how even reasonable people - police, council, etc - can deny that anything is taking place unless presented with video evidence. If no one had filmed Ian Tomlinson being pushed to the ground by a policeman at the G20 protests, there wouldn't be an inquest going on right now, despite dozens of people having seen it happen with their own eyes.

Working on it, but EH say it has to be their own, tamper proof, sealed recording units or he'll just claim it was tampered with. Fair play, even I can make things appear and diappear in Photoshop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Ok my parents had massive trouble with their neighbour they had lit paper posted through the door their car kicked in and set on fire which was parked on the drive. Verbal and physical abuse and he still lives next door.
    We fitted a CCTV for them so they could record anything that happened. I can't go into details but there is an impending court case against him from the evidence obtained on CCTV.
    As other people have said here the council should have given you a form to fill out recording the times of the noises and what he is doing only problem is they generally want more then one person to do it.
    Seriously I would go with the CCTV route and record the noise, I have a decimal meter at home somewhere I could post to you to borrow and measure the noise at night and take a picture of the screen and readout.
    You need to build a well documented case against him basically do the police and council work yourself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information