Thread: Newer to older?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Newer to older?

After discussing on here about getting a new a car, i'm back to square one just because I want to keep my options open and now have started looking into Mercedes, not a clue about them though. What is peoples view on getting an older car with a higher mileage is it a no go. For example my 06 with 35k to a 04 with 60k?

Also what would you class as a high mileage for myself for both diesel and petrol? I do 50 miles a day 6 days a week in general so around 300.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The thing with Mercs is the servicing, they rip you off left right and centre. I had an e320 as a company car a good few years ago and the thing was forever in the garage 2 x auto boxes and no change from £500 for a service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was looking into a C class 220 cdi, Just preparing myself as I may be commuting further to work now I just found out today so we're see. On the merc forums everyone seems to rate the cdi 220 quite highly, on the other hand the Audi forums is injector fails galore on the 2.7tdi's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by PORKBALLS29 View Post
    The thing with Mercs is the servicing, they rip you off left right and centre. I had an e320 as a company car a good few years ago and the thing was forever in the garage 2 x auto boxes and no change from £500 for a service.
    auto for ya and its a merc what you expect lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion8878 View Post
    Was looking into a C class 220 cdi, Just preparing myself as I may be commuting further to work now I just found out today so we're see. On the merc forums everyone seems to rate the cdi 220 quite highly, on the other hand the Audi forums is injector fails galore on the 2.7tdi's.
    if you keep read forums as what gos wrong you gunna be on a push bike at the end of it stop thing this brakes that brakes you have a vec they all brake so why buy one just get a car YOU want dont worry about it brakeing its going to brake all cars brake so just pick a car you want and stop thinking "hmm merc no service to much audi hmm injectors **** up as every car has common faults no car out there is bullet proof.............trust me you want bullet proof buy a bullet proof vest lol but im not haveing a go but come on all cars **** up just pick a car you want forget its common faults

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

like your style bangty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have had 2 mercs over the years you can get parts from the likes of euro parts also if you service it your self it isnt that costly my last merc was a 280 eligance the frog eye type was never a fan of the square headlite merc well the newish 1s any ways just make sure its got good dealer history and if its a auto watch for box probs also give the wheel archies a good look over as they rust like hell if not looked after

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by hoochydady View Post
    i have had 2 mercs over the years you can get parts from the likes of euro parts also if you service it your self it isnt that costly my last merc was a 280 eligance the frog eye type was never a fan of the square headlite merc well the newish 1s any ways just make sure its got good dealer history and if its a auto watch for box probs also give the wheel archies a good look over as they rust like hell if not looked after

Thanks, what do I look out for with the gearbox? Any tell tell signs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion8878 View Post
    like your style bangty
    lol im not haveing a go im telling it how it is and with petrol and diesel going up up UP!!!! were be all on push bikes lol but first was evo so why merc now?? like i sed if i read about my 150 id have fort **** that dmf dpf manifold list gos on but i didnt i liked it i wanted it i got it like all things if i want it ill have it simple not i want a signum now to look it up nar **** that i want it i haveing it............like my scooby i know bottom ends go and turbos they eat faul and rubber but i wanted it i got it and i wish i still had it most fun i ever had in a car but now i have a big old signum with all the mod cons and its funny raceing chavs thinking she a big old boat when its not plus loads more funn in the corners when you see a scooby sidewards you think hmm you see a signum sidewards round a roundabout you think WHAT THE ****!! i but a car for fun and what car i want not nothing else get what you want you only live once..............in my case not long left

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The running costs of an evo put me off, plus the servicing too and not to mention insurance, with my job possibly changing further afield doesn't seem at all practical. I'm looking for some more power or possibly a diesel, Signums have caught my eye especially the 2.0T models. Although keeping my options open and like to research before I buy, just because I know I'll jump the gun and end up buying something I'll regret. Mercedes and Audi has always taken my fancy, been in a Saab nice car, decent engine but didn't think much to the build quality.

Most importantly is reliability, as I don't want to end up with a massive lump sum bill. I know they have there faults thats fine I accept it just want to gather experiences and opinions after all there is plenty of knowledgeable people on here.

Oh and bangty I wasnt being sarcastic I was agreeing, and know exactly where you are coming from

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bangty for Prime minister.....

I dont even know you but i think your brilliant,

You Say what you think.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information