Thread: Once again thanks Vectra C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Once again thanks Vectra C

And yet again I am indebted to this forum and it's members for the information that is so readily available on here.
    As I work away from home and travel approx 600 miles round trip per weekend (Wiltshire - Durham) you can imagine my poor veccy (1.9 CDTI 150, 54 plate) gets some hammer. From information on this site I have managed to change my springs all round and an upper front strut bearing.
    This weekend however I had a double whammy. Driving on the M42 past Birmingham my car suddenly went into limp mode and I got the sunroof spanner symbol and started chugging along, not fun when I still had 170 miles to go. I got her home and came on here.
    From info on here I managed to work out my EGR had finally given up the ghost (after a previous clean out) and so managed to get a new one and change it. My car was still chugging and after checking vacuum hoses and intercooler came to the number 3 injector loom. Sure enough with the engine running it sounded like a bag of smashed crabs, but press in on the injector plug and it was sweet as a nut. It is now cable tied in until i can get someone to work on it. OR is it a job that I can do myself? Having saved a small fortune previously I am now loathe to spend money on something I could maybe do. I don't mind spending money on a soldering iron etc as I am left with the kit after for other eventualties. So my question being is it really as simple as the how to says?
    Oh and just to further complicate matters I still have an engine fault light on the dash. Is that indicative of an underlying problem? Any and all comments are gratefully received.

Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

bag of smashed crabs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : shatch- sports hatch

Trim : cheap plastics

Engine : metal

Year : 1901

Mileage : 999

It's only 2 wires to solder on,as long as you join them correct you cant go wrong,if you get the kit from vauxhall,there will be other spare wires in the kit,use the smaller wires to practice soldering first,and you should be fine.
    The egr valve will store a fault,but seeing as you have replaced it,the spanner light should go out once the fault has been cleared,or perhaps after a few ignition cycles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

[QUOTE=Aikon58;1496348]It's only 2 wires to solder on,as long as you join them correct you cant go wrong,if you get the kit from vauxhall,there will be other spare wires in the kit,use the smaller wires to practice soldering first,and you should be fine.
    I have got to do one next week, apparently they come with crimp connectors as well?
    The one I'm doing has been to vx and he was told injector problem.
    The car cuts out totally now and again, leave it for 10 mins and starts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Aikon, I've been babbing my pants wondering if I have done anything wrong. Don't suppose you know the rough price of an injector loom do you (or anyone). I'll be calling them tomorrow but forwarned is forarmed and they aren't called stealers for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : shatch- sports hatch

Trim : cheap plastics

Engine : metal

Year : 1901

Mileage : 999

Don't panic doing it,just take your time and you can't go wrong,i did buy a kit,but i'm unsure of the price right now,i think it was about £12 or something stupid,it never cured my problem,but unplugging the egr valve did
    So i unsoldered it again and have kept it,lucky for me as mine have gone brittle,so i might change one for now myself.

I don't know about crimp connectors,but i'd rather solder them on anyway.
    Last edited by Aikon58; 3rd April 2011 at 21:12.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right so It's off to give more of my hard earned to the stealers, but needs must and all that. I'm just glad I found the problem in no small way thanks to this forum.

Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just an update, drove the 300 miles back to Wiltshire with the cable tied injector loom and she never missed a beat. What has changed though is the engine warning light has gone out and the spanner light is back. Will the ECU clear this given time?
    Oh and the wiring loom is £14.95 all in, not too bad really.

Thread Information