Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Red face Rear Nearside Light Cluster Issue

Hi all

I have a problem that I have been trying to fix for days now and am finally at the end of my tether!

The rear Nearside light cluster on my 05 signum has stopped working. The top light, apparently one of two tail brake lights is still working but the reverse, signal and other break/tail light are not working. I have tried swapping the cluster to the other side to check all works on it and it all of the lights on the cluster work perfectly, all other lights are working on the care and although I couldn't find a specific fuse, I have checked every fuse in the three compartments and they are all fine!

It started when the Nearside registration plate light stopped working, I took it out to replace the light bulb and found that the bulb was fine, just corrosion on the connection. This had an effect though that the car said (incorrectly) that the indicator and brake lights saying that they are not working on my sat nav/central computer.

I cleaned off the connection and the registration lights now work perfectly again, but the Nearside lights have stopped working, (except the top tail light one) and even weirder, it is not telling me that the lights are not working on the computer/sat nav screen. If I unplug the cluster all together, it tells me that one remaining functioning light is not working, so it's like the car thinks everything is fine/isn't checking at all.

I have done all that I can think of, but can't figure it out.

Please, please help!

Thank you all on advance

Chris
    Last edited by cholyoak; 3rd April 2011 at 11:48. Reason: More info

Thread Information