User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WOOHOO - new exhaust coming my way!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking WOOHOO - new exhaust coming my way!!

My no-good-low-down-dirty-rotten-exhaust is going, to be replaced by a lovely stainless example from (probably) MIJ.

I'm also going to decat as the flexi pipe in front of the converter is blowing, not to mention the rest of it is rusitng into dust . My question is: does anyone know of anywhere other than MIJ that offers a similar product/service at a similar price? Just for comparison like.

I'm based in Bristol and Rutland so MIJ are not far from my weekly commute, I've checked with Longlife in Bristol but they're quite a bit more money, is it worth it?

I'm slighlty concerned with decatting but it seems that there should be no problem with emissions, only that I'll be running a bit rich afterwards. Is this the sort of thing that will sort itself out - ie will 'the sensors' (whatever/wherever they are?!) pick up and re-adjust to the missing cat or will I absolutely need a remap?

Cheers in advance

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dlp View Post
    My no-good-low-down-dirty-rotten-exhaust is going, to be replaced by a lovely stainless example from (probably) MIJ.

I'm also going to decat as the flexi pipe in front of the converter is blowing, not to mention the rest of it is rusitng into dust . My question is: does anyone know of anywhere other than MIJ that offers a similar product/service at a similar price? Just for comparison like.

I'm based in Bristol and Rutland so MIJ are not far from my weekly commute, I've checked with Longlife in Bristol but they're quite a bit more money, is it worth it?

I'm slighlty concerned with decatting but it seems that there should be no problem with emissions, only that I'll be running a bit rich afterwards. Is this the sort of thing that will sort itself out - ie will 'the sensors' (whatever/wherever they are?!) pick up and re-adjust to the missing cat or will I absolutely need a remap?

Cheers in advance
    Hi mate i used pro speed in cardiff very good service and cheaper than long life

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the recommendation - they've come in cheaper than anyone else and are closest to me too.

Result!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'll be interested in what it sounds like once youve had it done.

There are no sensors after cat so it'll not alter how the engine controls the emmisions with the 02 sensor. you'll just get a little more higher emmisions out of the back.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the recommendation - they've come in cheaper than anyone else and are closest to me too.

Result!
    there a very good company mate i dealt with Charlie the owner really nice guy it also comes with a lifetime warranty what exhaust tips you going for ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Focus

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 1.6 TDCI

Year : 62

Mileage : 9K

Cheers in advance
    I keep reading that from next year, a car will fail the MOT if it has no cat that should be there.

Just might be worth checking first, before buying a nice system, only to find it wont pass the MOT.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

RE: tail pipes - I'm not sure! I like the Jag XF tips but I can't find an aftermarket supplier. Plus Pro-Speed have a picture of the kind of look it would give (attached) and it actually looks rubbish - not at all how I pictured it in my mind. I think it's cos their tips are a lot shallower than the Jag ones.

So it's gonna depend on what they have there and how these affect the sound. Speaking of which, the sound I'd like is subtle when idling or general motoring (I do lots of long motorway miles) but bonkers when accelerating. I know this probably won't be acievable so I guess it's gonna be a mid-sport setup for me (but I kinda like the idea of bieng a bit beefier than that).

RE: de-cat - I know, I read this too. What I'm thinking I'll do is speak to charlie when I'm there and see if they can make a "sports cat-lookielikie" section which is in fact just a sleeve over the decat pipe (like the AllFlow cat). That way MOT is kept happy, owner is kept happy, bishbashbosh.

If he can't/won't do that then I'll get it MOT'd in August when it's due and then I'll do it again the day before the reg's change and save up for a sports/highflow cat in the mean-time. It's not what I want to do but gotta keep the ___rs happy...

Anyone have suggestions on tailpipes and sound options (I'm open to ideas). She;s in for the surgery on Tuesday and is first on the table so I should be able to put some piccies and maybe a video/audio up early afternoon.

I'll let you know how the FakeFlow comes along too....could be the answer people have been looking for?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The car above is NOT my car it's the one with the 'XF' style tail pipes. I've just realised that it doesn't have the black plastic insert that mine has (it also has some s__tty lights but that's a different problem altogether) so it might look better on mine anyway...?

Thread Information