0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 04

Default 2.0T tuning

Hi,

When I bought my SRi T from vectraturbocal around 4 weeks ago, he told me the car had been remapped to 220bhp by an in house tuner at a recent rolling road meet he attended with other vectra-c.com members.
    However, when I went to down to view the car he didn't have the Dyno printout to prove it, but said he'd email it to me.

I sent him a PM about it the other day but haven't received a reply

I'm going to assume that this is because the car is infact in standard tune and has not been remapped.

Anyhow,

What are my options for tuning my engine, a good friend of mine is the service leader at a "Thorney branch" of Vauxhall so if Thorney could come up with anything I could go there (sent Thorney an email)

Alternatively what are my options? I've heard both good and bad feedback thrown around by BSR recently....

Also with the Bluefins, PPC's etc. are the map's designed to incorporate additions such as stainless exhausts, de-cat/sports cat, induction kit/air filter, colder plugs etc.

How do they actually increase power and torque? Is it all to do with fuelling?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

i believe he did have that car remapped, he wrote about it on here...

your engine code is Z20NET, quite a few of us have these blocks tuned... do search on the engine code on here and you will find quite a bit of info.. its a saab engine and has saab badged parts all over it, as such i have found that the Saab tuners are the guys with the best knowledge and upgrade paths for the engine..
    Last edited by Caveman_nige; 2nd April 2011 at 10:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

It seems unlikely to me Vectraturbocal has had the remap taken off and the original put back on if it was remapped without a means of restoring to original being supplied at the same time.

I can only talk about BSR, whom I have used twice without any issues. Their stage 1 remaps (which can deliver up to 220bhp on a 2.0T) are generic and not customised to the car or rolling-roaded, and designed to be installed on a car in standard tune, without any changes like those you have indicated. They say that their testing and benchmarking is carried out on cars which are the same as or compatible with the client's car in standard tune.

There is also an issue with their free support which is limited to 2 years after purchase, after which time a yearly fee of around £60 is payable, in spite of their original intimation of lifetime support.

BSR remaps are not cheap, and cost about £570 through LMF, and a shedload more through BSR themselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=106

this was the day he had the remap done...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There's no proof anywhere that the car has been remapped, I wasn't saying that he returned it to standard, just that there's no evidence of the car having been mapped in the first place, even when I asked for the printout he hasn't provided it.

What parameters do the PPC's alter then to create the extra power?

£570 is about the same as the Bluefin isn't it?

Edit: Just had a thought, where was the re-map done? My local tuner has a Dyno Dynamics RR setup and the system saves all RR runs so they can be compared to runs on future visits, maybe if I give them a call they could supply the info and even email me a copy of the dyno graph
    Last edited by Kev_A; 2nd April 2011 at 15:31.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right, Emailed them so hopefully here something back, I'd love to be wrong on this and find that my car is re-mapped

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Your engine has the low pressure turbo fitted 2.0t and will achieve more bhp but you will need to start upgrading some of the engine components like downpipe and fuel injectors.

Cars from 2006 onwards were built with the high pressure turbo 2.0T and are capable of achieving higher performance gains.

You can for about £5K make it into a 410bhp monster but it all depends on the health of your engine and your bank balance.

There is loads of info on here for that engine. I remember calling thorney a year or so ago, it was disappointing. If I had an Astra things would have been different. On this site we have spoken to or dealt with most tuners in the business.

If you have any questions feel free to ask as some on here will have tried it or be able to advise you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ok from what ppl are saying then my car is a 04 and has the low pressure turbo on it, what is the standard power of the high pressure turbo on a 06 2ltr T as i am looking to get some more hp from mine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

vauxhall detuned these engines... the saab with the same engine 2.0T does 210bhp as standard i think but I know you can tune them over 250bhp.. in the vectra/signum i believe the standard was still 180bhp ish..

My own car was made with the low pressure GT2052 Garrett turbo.. However i bought a new Mitsubishi TD04L14T high pressure turbo the type as fitted to the later engines. I then had it hybrided and turned into TD04HL16T which gives me even more pressure.. Its not just a case of changing the turbo though, you do need new water and oil lines for it as well.. other upgrades make it worth its money like bigger injectors, high flow air intake, 3" downpipe and racecat with a sports exhaust... It all starts to cost a lot of money for each extra horse you want the higher you go, and your engine needs to be tiptop as well, or it will need many things bringing up to a certain level before it will show the expected performance figures..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Vectra/Signum 2.0T is 173bhp (175PS) as standard, but it is believed that they are often closer to 180bhp in standard tune. Simple Stage 1 remap, requiring no changes to car will increase bhp to between 204 and 220 bhp, depending on model year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information