Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

Question genuine front parking sensor install help

Hi guys... I am trying to fit the four parking sensors to my vxr front bumper..

I already had 4 of the Bosch sensors p/n 12787793 (on the right in the pic below) these are the factory fit type that are on the rear so I assumed they are the same for the front.

What I need to get are the correct fixings to secure them to the bumper and the wiring/looms parts. Now my local dealer is not the best in the world for being able to find the correct parts so I need some help please... He supplied me with the white coloured fitting in the above pic, the bag showing its part number is along side, the other three of these are on back order so i need to cancel them and give him the correct number... I think Big-Pete said it was p/n 93160447 is this the correct one for these Bosch sensors?

I am also going to need the loom numbers, once again my helpful dealer supplied what he thought was the cable. AlL i can say is that it part of the parking pilot loom maybe even the rear but it is certainly not for the front (see pic below)

Now i can get a refund on the incorrect parts but would like to give him the correct part nunbers.

There has been a few threads on this but none covers it in detail or has pics of the items required.. hopefully this can be the one that does.. any tips or pics please do post them if they are relevant..

My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hmm seems Hans had been here before with some good pics but had opel numbers, Leeds Vectra also did some good pics... i don't know how i missed these before http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...s+front&page=3 posts 22 and 27

It seems that white fitting is correct and part of the kit, just the part numbers of that packet do not match what other people have listed.. if anybody can give me info on the wiring it could be useful but it seems that it will be going back for refund..

If a mod could please merge this thread into the the one listed above it would be better i guess.. editing may be need though..
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I do believe the white fitting parts are 3 different part numbers mate for the different curves of the front bumper... I'm not sure mine will be of any use to you as any number on them have probably been trashed when it's been melted onto the bumper several times - if there's anything you think I might be able to find out for you mate let me know - module part numbers etc...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold101 View Post
    I do believe the white fitting parts are 3 different part numbers mate for the different curves of the front bumper... I'm not sure mine will be of any use to you as any number on them have probably been trashed when it's been melted onto the bumper several times - if there's anything you think I might be able to find out for you mate let me know - module part numbers etc...
    i think you are right bud... there is way to much confusion over the exact part numbers... I will be going back to the dealers on Monday with a better list that i am trying to compile now..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    i think you are right bud... there is way to much confusion over the exact part numbers... I will be going back to the dealers on Monday with a better list that i am trying to compile now..
    hi don't know if any good to you but there is a complet kit for sale on ebay not sure how to put links up or i would but it is easy to find, hope this was of help.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

I have a complete kit somewhere with the front factory fit sensors and loom from when i put the VXR front end on my car and I have the correct brackets that need bonding to the bumper.. I'll see if i can find them, As said already there are 3 different part numbers for the brackets..
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 2nd April 2011 at 13:08.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

@Paddy, do you have a link for me to take a look at.. I could not find it.. just spent a bomb on ebay buying some new alloys today, would hate to spend more on there..

@Big-Pete, thanks i would really appreciate that list mate... I know the dealer is only going to get really narked with me sooner rather than later...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia tourer

Trim : elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti 160

Year : 2011

hi

what you will also have to do is make up a harness for the bodyside and
    run it from the front bumper to the rear park pilot modulE,the harness you
    have in pic 2 is only used if your fitting rear sensors and the plug on that
    wiring will not plug into the factory bumper harness,its pretty complicating
    if you dont know these things.

to get front and rear just as they are fitted at the factory then theres
    more wiring to do from the rec to the rear panel then you need the rear
    bumper park pilot harness and the same on the front.

the only harnesses that you can buy from the dealer is the front and rear
    bumper harnesses, the body wiring has to me made as this is not available
    to buy from the dealer,you will also need the correct plugs for the bumper
    harnesses to plug into.

once youve fitted everyting then it need a tech2 session to activate them

ive retro fitted many of these and are pretty easy to do if you know what
    ya doing.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Got the factory front and rears on mine Nige. I know it's a long way for you to come, but you're welcome to come pull mine to bits to see where everything goes and what's required if you want (as long as it ALL goes back on my car again and doesn't disappear lol).
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Now Gone, bring on the Insignia (now "Teapot" Tuned)...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks guys.. I have now managed to order the bits that hold the sensors to the bumper and cancel the others that they incorrectly ordered.. However the number for front bumper harness that attaches all these sensors to the loom eludes me, I have tried the number listed in the how2 and my dealers computer says no. Hans_vledder did a great pic of it which i have borrowed, see below.

unfortunately he fitted this three years ago so I doubt he has the number to hand, i will PM him unless somebody can make out that part number on the tag on the harness.. I reckon it must be worth trying Saab as well for this part or hitting the local scrappies..

Now as Andy.l says this front sensor/bumper harness will need somewhere to plug into, another harness that runs throught the car (if i don't have this already). I have not point of reference right now so do not know what I am looking for until each part arrives..

@andy.l Is this something you can make for me if i need one, i am not suggesting a freebie of course? The tech2 side is taken care off so I just need the hardware now..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information