User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Carbon Wrap - What first?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Keefyb007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Berkshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Carbon Wrap - What first?

    Hi all..

    I decided to wrap the steering wheel inserts that house the radio controls and the bottom one as they are looking tired and a bit worn (mat coating has scrtached off). Once I have done those, what else would you rec to wrap on the siggy..............

  2. #2
    Full Member bobssignum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    polishing something or other somewhere
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Inside door handles covers , gear knob surround , air vent surrounds , surround on cubby hole under radio .
    Light switch surround
    Driving vauxhall,s for 30 + years
    and still loving it

  3. #3
    Regular Member Keefyb007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Berkshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobssignum View Post
    Inside door handles covers , gear knob surround , air vent surrounds , surround on cubby hole under radio .
    Light switch surround

    Cheers Bob - Blimey, that's a lot! Me thinks I may need to order some more, does anyone have any examples of what NOT to cover?

  4. #4
    Full Member bobssignum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    polishing something or other somewhere
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Someone will say all of the above, the only thing i tried and gave up on was the radio facia , i also did the spare light switch covers around the radio Some examples of the task for you keefy.
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59878
    Driving vauxhall,s for 30 + years
    and still loving it

  5. #5
    Administrator Big-Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Home or in the Gym
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can't you take the bits to a carbon fibre firm and get them to remake the parts in real Carbon Fibre for you? or get them to cover them??

    only asking as i've been buying a few Carbon Fibre parts for my next car and they do look pretty kool in the flesh..

  6. #6
    Regular Member Keefyb007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Berkshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobssignum View Post
    Someone will say all of the above, the only thing i tried and gave up on was the radio facia , i also did the spare light switch covers around the radio Some examples of the task for you keefy.
    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59878
    Bob- really helpful as i have EXACTLY the same interior as you - nice one thanks!

  7. #7
    Regular Member Keefyb007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Berkshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    Can't you take the bits to a carbon fibre firm and get them to remake the parts in real Carbon Fibre for you? or get them to cover them??

    only asking as i've been buying a few Carbon Fibre parts for my next car and they do look pretty kool in the flesh..
    I was thinking this, at the moment it's purely a budget restriction based on "see if I like it first" and then go from there. I think for external use i really would go for the real carbon fibre option maybe fog surrounds?

  8. #8
    Administrator Big-Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Home or in the Gym
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keefyb007 View Post
    I was thinking this, at the moment it's purely a budget restriction based on "see if I like it first" and then go from there. I think for external use i really would go for the real carbon fibre option maybe fog surrounds?
    I've only bought new carbon fibre lettering for the outisde at the mo, but i have looked at getting some CF side vents, for the inside so far i've got steering wheel controls, gearknob and airvents, price wise it's not too bad really.. There was a company I see in Woking that will do almost anything in CF for you..

  9. #9
    Regular Member Keefyb007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Berkshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    I've only bought new carbon fibre lettering for the outisde at the mo, but i have looked at getting some CF side vents, for the inside so far i've got steering wheel controls, gearknob and airvents, price wise it's not too bad really.. There was a company I see in Woking that will do almost anything in CF for you..
    That sounds very cool, if you get a second can you chuck me a pic when it's mounted? I'm still debadging so this interests me
    Cheers Pete

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best Carbon Wrap
    By Knight Rider in forum Styling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd June 2012, 11:41
  2. Carbon wrap.
    By OllyT in forum Styling
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21st August 2011, 13:59
  3. Carbon wrap
    By Keithy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 8th October 2010, 16:18
  4. Carbon Wrap
    By bigboynigs in forum Styling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th July 2009, 13:29

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •