Thread: Windscreen Advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Windscreen Advice

Hi, Im having a new windscreen fitted to my Signum next week (got a crack and a few chips in the current one), so I was wondering if anyone has had a replacement in the past as I have a few queries:
    For a start my rear view mirror is electric as it's linked up to the memory seats, does anyone know how these mirrors come off? I'm guessing there must also be wires going into this mirror too?
    I am also unsure on where the rain sensors are, are they built into windscreen or are they fitted to the mirror?
    My windscreen also has the blue sun shade strip tint thing (don't know the proper name for it!) at the top of windscreen, do these come as standard on Signum's? as I really hope my replacement will also have this feature. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

I would have thought you should have been asked all this when you ordered a replacement screen. Its a while since I had one but I was asked if mine had a graduated sun screen and what colour it was.
    The mirror just slides off of the fixed point on the screen and the mirror wires are connected to it by a multi plug. The cover for the mirror electrics splits in 2, and if you take that off the rain sensor is there too. Does yours have the auto lights too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You need to specify that you have the rain sensor and the top tint or you probably wont get them lol, the rain sensor is in the windscreen so i am led to believe...

And according to mr Haynes,
    On models fitted with a rain sensor, unclip and remove the sensor trim panel and release the retaining clip(s) and disconnect the wiring connectors from the mirror assembly.

Press the retaining clip at the top of the interior mirror mounting bracket, then carefully release the interior mirror in the downwards direction to remove it from the windscreen.

Refitting is the reverse of removal

If you're putting the old mirror back on then should have no bearing on the position memory bit I'd imagine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the auto wipers is a black square at the top middle of the screen

as all the other bits , if you have ordered the correct screen the fitter will know exactly what to do to change it all

had mine done last year and the fitter was great

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the info, my girlfriend made the phone call so I'm not sure what they asked her, so think it will be worth me calling them back and checking they've got the correct details. Mine doesn't have the auto lights, bit of a shame really, I've just had a new Zafira as a courtesy car and that did, really useful feature.
    I'm sure the fitter will know what they're doing, I just want to know that they will be carrying out the job properly. Having some bad luck recently, firstly took the car into garage for an engine problem and it came back with a cracked bumper and bent wing, so it went to ADR for repairs and came back with the interior button missing for the bluetooth and they hadn't clipped the external temp gage back into bumper so the temp was showing only as minus 24 degrees! So I'm hoping this new windscreen will be fitted and sorted smoothly without any more problems!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 85000

Give them a call and let them know yours has Auto Wipers and a Sunstrip, There must be at least 4 different screens available for Vec/Sig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had the screen with the sun strip fitted on mine which was a nice 'extra' feature, it made up for the muppet who fitted it who managed to cut the wires for my car kit microphone and then not telling me!! Recently had a chip so thought I would get it repaired and the muppet who came out actually made it worse - I now need a new screen. The company argued that repairing chips is always a risk, but wish I had left well alone

Thread Information