StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EGR ( I Think) help !!!!!

Evening all,
    Have a 2005 CDTi 150 SRi estate , which I've recently had to do an engine swap due to a split cambelt, I have fitted a Z19DTH from a 2008 Astra with 40k miles, complete with inlet manifold/egr, turbo, all fitted with no real bother, biggest issue was getting the copper crush washer out of No1 cylinder, all running fine except for its flat as anything below 2000rpm, typical of egr issues, have now tried 3 egr valves in it, my original 2005 one which was cleaned up, and then replaced with a brand new one date stamped sept09 early last year, the 2008 one that came on the engine, and the 2009 one that I was running on my original engine, before the swap, it was giving me no issues at all, I have tested all 3 egr's on the bench with a variable power supply, and between 6 and 12v, the valves open and close as expected, fit each one to the car and its flat, then at 2k, takes off, but then there is a fluctuation in the boost at about 2500rpm If I fit a blanking plate between the egr and manifold the car drives as it should, albeit with the eml on, and the fluctuation is more pronounced. Have had the car plugged into op-com ( many thanks MrC) and at idle the egr value is approx 40%, ran the test and it worked as it should, so I'm now at a loss as to what is causing it, where does the supply for the amount of egr come from, could it be receiving the wrong signal?
    I have checked all the vacuum hoses, and all fine, cleaned the boost pressure sensor, cleaned all the cr4p out of the egr/inlet manifold, checked all the inlet hoses, all the electrical connections(3rd injector already done, all others cleaned and cabletied on).
    If any one has any thoughts/ideas/miracle cures, I'd love to hear them.
    Cheers

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the injectors in the replacement engine need to be coded to the ecu? I'm sure I read somewhere that each has a special code and it's that what makes the ecu know the correct quantity of fuel. I may be totally wrong but just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have used your original injectors from your old engine and put them into the new engine then they will def need to be recoded with opcom or tech 2 mate unless you have used your original engine ecu too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have used the original injectors, in their original positions, and used the original ecu, had it plugged into op-com yesterday and they are all well within the compensation limits of-0.65/+0.65, I'm pretty sure the fault is in the egr circuit somewhere as when I blank the egr off the car drives normally, what controls the signal to the egr valve, because I've bench tested 3 egr valves and they all open and close as they should, but they all exhibit the same symptoms when inthe car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The plot thickens......

Have done a 200 mile drive in it today, another problem has occured, cruising at around about 2100- 2600 rpm, car/spanner light comes on and car goes into limp, back off the throttle for a few seconds, spanner light goes out and (currently feeble) power is returned until you are cruising again when the light comes back on and goes into limp, code displayed is p2279 which I believe is Air intake system, could I be right in thinking I have a dodgy hose that has a split that opens when the revs build, or maybe a damaged intercooler, there is no noticable smoke ( even in following headlights), again, any help or similar experiences shared would be great.
    Cheers
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you checked the MAF?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hadn't considered the maf, as before the engine swap, everything was hunky dory, and is was plugged into op com on Friday and flagged up no faults, anyone close to Reading be kind enough to lend me a maf for 5 minutes to try it out?

Thread Information