Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Jeremy

I'm going to start this thread as a substitute to stop Duncans donations thread becoming a debate etc.

No critisism of anyone btw, it's just the way it will go as ppl look for answers.

Anyway back to it, the thread should really be called how Jeremy feels about Richard and previous humour comments made on the show.

I saw him on the news at the hospital in a Merc coupe, the cameras were flashing relentlessly in his face, and I heard one reporter pose a question to him, not a nasty one either, think he was asking how Richard was, anyway Jeremy looked completely gutted and lost for words, not knowing if to be mad or sad, eventually he drove on through without reply.

Maybe I'm alone on this one but I say things to my close mates that seem a bit near the mark sometimes, it's just one of those close buddy things, the mate knows there is nothing nasty meant just a poke at the pudding if you like.

So to sum up, if JC is haunting himself with his comment about when the rascal van turned over, he shouldn't, theres no such thing a jinxing ppl, fate works it's magic in these events and there's no predicting it.

I've a real feeling Richard blacked out due to g force and thats what caused the crash, the investigators will find what it was eventually, but I'd bet every fighter pilot will be saying the same as me right now.

Lets hope for a full recovery, even though brain damage has been reported, until the bruising of his brain heals they wont be able to tell for certain, the fact he had a mumble as the rescuers got there is a good sign.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if Richard had been injured when rolling the van you can be sure that he wouldn't have been shown saying that comment on the show. what inspired him to do the 'scandinavian flick' in the first place is beyond me! was it not obvious that that would happen??

anyway...back to topic. i doubt jeremy will feel guilty about the accident, jinxing is a very far fetched concept! he's probably just totally devastated that his friend is lying in a hospital bed in a very serious condition....with who knows what kind of condition he will be in when he recovers.

alot of the stuff these guys do is dangerous, so surely it was only a matter of time before an incident occured.

i'm not sure how much training richard had prior to stepping into the 280 mph jet car, but even if he had 'intensive training' (probably a week or two by BBC standards) i can't believe he was deemed eligible to pilot that car!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well said VV,

As you say it's just some banter between friends, I just think he'll be feeling terrible this has happened to his friend and collegue, especially while filming for their show.

I think the post by Desk Jockey should be removed from Duncan's post, theirs no need for that kind of comment in that thread.

Just my opinion.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wasn't really knocking DJ's post, it's just I nearly replied to it, and that thread really isn't for debating in, so I thought it best to start a new one off

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What concerns me is why he was allowed to drive such a vehicle after so little training, if he had tried to gain a licence to drive a car as powerful as this at a drag strip he would have had to do many short passes before being allowed to race to prove his ability to control such a car and he would also need to get his licence endorsed by other drivers before being allowed to race.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

He is quite a good driver I believe, I dont think his driving caused this, My money is on a blackout caused by the forces involved at that speed, other than that if I have heard right he'd deployed the chute and that caused the deviation in course, cant see it being down to bad build quality myself....oh hold that thought, what if the guy who sorts the brakes sabotaged it because his wife was Hammond groupie, and was fed up with hearing Richard this Richard that at home

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

not too convinced about the black out theory VV - they say he took 6 runs before the final disastrous one, so if he felt faint on any of the previous runs i'm sure he would've backed out.

only hammond can tell for sure when he recovers but i'm sure the Beeb and all the H&S commitees will put it down to human error.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

He's well on the mend, Jezzers even told reporters a funny quote about the driving god tonight according to the news.

Think it went like this....

*Richard took a look at death and didn't fancy it*, or similar, so I'm glad to be able to say it looks like business as usual for the three stooges pretty soon.

And if RH ever reads this forum....

I apollogise for writing you off in earlier threads mate, just how things got reported at the time.

Thread Information