User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: 3.2 GSI on the dyno. Scorpion noise!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default 3.2 GSI on the dyno. Scorpion noise!!

    I have fitted a Scorpion cat back exhaust and a K&N 57i induction kit.
    I had noticed a significant drop in ecconomy, [and not right foot related] I was concerned something was amiss so I put the car on a rolling road.
    The results were
    183.9bhp at the wheels
    227.4bhp and 243lbf.ft calculated for the engine.

    unfortunately the AFR readings were off the scale rich, which the operator said was due to the ECU dumping fuel in response to the excessive airflow the MAF was detecting!
    I can't believe the K&N is so efficient, it has been removed for now.


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    sounds pretty good that, just need some drive by vids for proper sound without follers whirring away

    Looks good on the rollers, wheels look verrry shiney

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    suggest a new dyno operator in this case, closesly followed by a new MAF

  4. #4
    Regular Member hagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    kingswinford
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul667 View Post
    the operator said was due to the ECU dumping fuel in response to the excessive airflow the MAF was detecting!
    I can't believe the K&N is so efficient, it has been removed for now.
    I never had that issue with the standard map.. I'd get it looked at.

    Quote Originally Posted by paul667 View Post
    The results were
    183.9bhp at the wheels
    227.4bhp and 243lbf.ft calculated for the engine.
    Loving that conversion factor of 0.808... that makes mine 250+

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Dyno session2
    Std ECU (same as last week)
    Scorpion cat back (same as last week)
    Now with with the std airbox [with mod]
    Std paper filter.
    New MAF
    new iridium plugs.
    The power was down to 221.1bhp engie but the AFR now steady at 10:1. The graph showing the ratio dropping past 11:1 at about 3700 then to 10:1 shortly after.
    In the real world the basic mpg is very good with mixed mortorway some town sone A road all at speed limts returned an impressive 30.2 over 200miles, up nearly 5mpg on average from the 25.7mpg with the induction kit!

    The operator at the rolling road has not tested any std 3.2's so he could not confirm that the AFR was normal for this ECU! normally he would map about 12:1 and maybe slightly richer in the last 500rpm.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Vectra_C_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul667 View Post
    Dyno session2
    Std ECU (same as last week)
    Scorpion cat back (same as last week)
    Now with with the std airbox [with mod]
    Std paper filter.
    New MAF
    new iridium plugs.
    The power was down to 221.1bhp engie but the AFR now steady at 10:1. The graph showing the ratio dropping past 11:1 at about 3700 then to 10:1 shortly after.
    In the real world the basic mpg is very good with mixed mortorway some town sone A road all at speed limts returned an impressive 30.2 over 200miles, up nearly 5mpg on average from the 25.7mpg with the induction kit!

    The operator at the rolling road has not tested any std 3.2's so he could not confirm that the AFR was normal for this ECU! normally he would map about 12:1 and maybe slightly richer in the last 500rpm.
    Mine dyno'd (With apollo intake) at 12 AFR then dropped down to 10.1 so it seems to be standard.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vectra_C_Chris View Post
    Mine dyno'd (With apollo intake) at 12 AFR then dropped down to 10.1 so it seems to be standard.
    Thanks Chris good feedback, btw 178.4bhp at the wheels!

  8. #8
    Regular Member Vectra_C_Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul667 View Post
    Thanks Chris good feedback, btw 178.4bhp at the wheels!
    Well done mate! 5 BHP more than mine with dodgy spark plugs

  9. #9
    Regular Member Chuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 3.2 gsi

    Trim : gsi

    Engine : 3200

    Year : 2003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hagga View Post
    I never had that issue with the standard map.. I'd get it looked at.



    Loving that conversion factor of 0.808... that makes mine 250+
    From graphs/dynos ive seen mate and reviews ive read, apparntly the gsi does inded lose about 20% before the wheels. So with yours being 204 at the wheels, i dare say it is 250+ mate

    Im heading to santapod in august if you fancy a auto vs manual see how the girls really run since remap!

  10. #10
    Regular Member bangty 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    in a box
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuddy View Post
    From graphs/dynos ive seen mate and reviews ive read, apparntly the gsi does inded lose about 20% before the wheels. So with yours being 204 at the wheels, i dare say it is 250+ mate

    Im heading to santapod in august if you fancy a auto vs manual see how the girls really run since remap!
    if im right is he not at fils meet tomo???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Day on the Dyno
    By rickisgrate in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 3rd June 2012, 12:01
  2. Don't Dyno like this!!!
    By cj_quest in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7th December 2010, 16:52
  3. DYNO MAT or the like?
    By Dose in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30th March 2010, 22:47
  4. Dyno run....
    By david.aka.judas in forum East (RO - WhiskyNo7, ARO - Plasma)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th March 2010, 17:21
  5. dyno run and diagnostic
    By Netstar in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd June 2008, 15:50

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •