Thread: Ex Fleet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Ex Fleet?

Guys, thought you would be the most likely to know the answer to this since i guess there will be at least a few of you in ex fleet Vectras.

Anyway, does anyone know which fleet/lease/rental company a VX dealer called Greenhous supplied their cars to?

me and my father currently have a Vectra C and a mk5 Astra one with a DS54 reg and the other a DV05 reg and both according to the service book were supplied new by Greenhous, but we live in Glasgow, also i had a mk4 Astra previously with a DX52 reg and my uncle has a Vectra DV55 reg, both of these came from Greenhous too, plus the huge amounts of DS/DU/DV/DX/DY reg Vauxhalls i see up here, so clearly they must be ex fleeters, but cant find any info on the company they were supplied to new, so anyone know?

i.e. i know the KA/KB/KC/KD/KE//KF/KG/KH/KJ/KL prefix Vauxhalls that all came from Camden were supplied to "Provincial Securities" which is a cover name for a hire car company, what about the D? ones?

cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Is the first owners details not in the service book?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

no bud, service book is empty apart from a stamp in the pdi section that says "Greenhous Hanley Ltd" and gives their address and phone number, plus the date of PDI and in the vehicle details theres a small sticky label which says for example "Astra 1.8 Design, Breeze Blue, and the vin number" all the other details like colour code, trim type and code, engine type, number and code, owner details, gearbox details, all that sorta stuff are all left blank.

this is the same for all cars we've had which originated from Greenhous and are clearly ex fleet cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Could always phone them up and ask them? If you get someone decent on the other end of the phone they will type your regy in and tell you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I doubt it bud, the dealership they all came from has recently been bought over by Arnold Clark

i did call up the other day and they answered "thanks for calling Arnold Clark" i was like im looking for Greenhous and the woman said "oh this is us, formerly Greenhous, just changed to Arnold Clark" then i was put on hold for 15mins, then the service dept phone number rang out, same thing 3 times, so gave up.

plus no doubt if theyve just been taken over they wont have the old records from the previous dealer, coupled with the fact you're from Glasgow so im sure youve encountered the legendary crap AC customer service lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The one i use has been pretty good actually lol. The first owner of my car bought the car brand new from the branch i use despite staying 30 miles away, before i bought the car they quite happily went over the cars history with me and answered a couple of questions i had despite me buying the car from another company elsewhere.

Try phoning them in an afternoon and hopefully someone will help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I can tell you that the D prefixes were seen on National, Hertz and Europcar (as they were at the time before partnering National Alamo)

I know Avis and Hertz currently get a lot of cars via Arnold Clark with S prefixes

I always sought out cars that had less common supply lines when I was buying as I am a very frequent renter of cars for my work

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mine is DS04. i believe registered in leicster and one owner before me who was from glasgow. i live and bought the car in nottingham. i'm sure it was an 'arnold clark' car. they must register all cars in leicster and then transport em to their other outlets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by byebyeitsagsi View Post
    The one i use has been pretty good actually lol. The first owner of my car bought the car brand new from the branch i use despite staying 30 miles away, before i bought the car they quite happily went over the cars history with me and answered a couple of questions i had despite me buying the car from another company elsewhere.

Try phoning them in an afternoon and hopefully someone will help you out.
    Yeah mate I used to work for Arnold Clark and i know theres the odd branch thats decent, the rest are crap though, generally the smaller branches are great, bigger ones are poor.

Ive used Pollokshaws Road VX for parts for over 4 years now and they've always been spot on, mainly due to not swapping staff all the time like Linwood, and a mate of mine works in the service dept in there too so used them a few times and theyre by far the best of a bad lot.

where do you use?

I gave them a call at customer services when i bought my car from another dealer as the service stamps just said "serviced by Arnold Clark" and they had me calling Linwood because it was the nearest VX branch to me even though the car was bought in Motherwell and the previous owner stayed in Lanark, utterly clueless, not to mention the car was serviced by them a few times and they hadnt stamped the service book for some of the services, nor the corrosion check sheets, so i had to chase all those up and now my service book is all messed up, 2nd service then 3rd then 1st then 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Mc View Post
    I can tell you that the D prefixes were seen on National, Hertz and Europcar (as they were at the time before partnering National Alamo)

I know Avis and Hertz currently get a lot of cars via Arnold Clark with S prefixes

I always sought out cars that had less common supply lines when I was buying as I am a very frequent renter of cars for my work
    do you happen to know or have heard of a company called "Auto Travel Ltd" based in Chester? our Vectra with DS prefix has them as the previous registered keeper on the v5 but cant find any info on them online other than a name and address so thought maybe they were an alias for a big rental company like Provincial Securities is for Hertz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hendry View Post
    Ive used Pollokshaws Road VX for parts for over 4 years now and they've always been spot on, mainly due to not swapping staff all the time like Linwood, and a mate of mine works in the service dept in there too so used them a few times and theyre by far the best of a bad lot
    That's the dealership I use (since 1998)
    They helped me track down the service history on my current car, the car coming from Lenzie and they assured me on purchase the car had never been serviced

Arnold Clark tend to register new cars, then offer them on sub-lease
    They then remain as the first Registered Keeper
    I tend to avoid these cars

I bought my first one direct off ERAC, the vehicle was in use in Stirling (making easy to inspect prior to deciding) and had seen just three weeks use as a general hire car and then as the admin managers car
    Due to the rules it had be transferred to Network Q, and payment made through them

My current car was also from a hire car company
    However, I found it had seen little use and confirmed the sales outlet manager was the only person that had used the vehicle (not used on hires)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information