User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rear door mouldings?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Rear door mouldings?

    Hi all.

    My Mrs very kindly reversed the Vectra along the side of the garage yesterday!

    Luckily, it all hit the rear door moulding!

    So just wondered how do these come off & are they easy to replace?

  2. #2
    Regular Member ftm100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Shields seagull sh*t town
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davies20 View Post
    Hi all.

    My Mrs very kindly reversed the Vectra along the side of the garage yesterday!

    Luckily, it all hit the rear door moulding!

    So just wondered how do these come off & are they easy to replace?
    if its a drivers side one ive got a new one here in you can have cheap just need s painting

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Right here, right now.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRI

    Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTI

    Year : 2007

    Default

    I think they come off quite easily but you have to remove quite a bit from the door. PM me when your doing it, if I'm free I'll give you a hand.
    PS, I know a good bodyshop in Chesterfield if you need one.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback Facelift

    Trim : Club

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 100085

    Default

    But does it/ do they (the side rubbing strips on all doors) unclip from the door or are they fixed to the door panels with pegs poking through the door panel & secured by nuts inside the door panel similar to the rear chrome strip fitted to the boot/hatch lid ????

    I need to remove mine to paint it.....see below posted another thread "Hit & Run!!! AGAIN!!!!

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=21


    Cheers

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lee_umney View Post
    I think they come off quite easily but you have to remove quite a bit from the door. PM me when your doing it, if I'm free I'll give you a hand.
    PS, I know a good bodyshop in Chesterfield if you need one.
    Thats brilliant, thanks very much!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
    But does it/ do they (the side rubbing strips on all doors) unclip from the door or are they fixed to the door panels with pegs poking through the door panel & secured by nuts inside the door panel similar to the rear chrome strip fitted to the boot/hatch lid ????

    I need to remove mine to paint it.....see below posted another thread "Hit & Run!!! AGAIN!!!!

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showpo...4&postcount=21


    Cheers
    And also what this guy said. Are they glued on, or screwed / clipped?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    bump!

  7. #7
    Regular Member Jezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    There are clips at each end that look like they need to be compressed from inside the door using pliers (after removing the door card). There are also two locating pegs, one about a quarter of the length in from each end. Plus there is double-sided tape all the way around the edges of the moulding, with wider bits of tape being used on each end.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    There are clips at each end that look like they need to be compressed from inside the door using pliers (after removing the door card). There are also two locating pegs, one about a quarter of the length in from each end. Plus there is double-sided tape all the way around the edges of the moulding, with wider bits of tape being used on each end.

    Brilliant, thanks very much!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback Facelift

    Trim : Club

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 100085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    There are clips at each end that look like they need to be compressed from inside the door using pliers (after removing the door card). There are also two locating pegs, one about a quarter of the length in from each end. Plus there is double-sided tape all the way around the edges of the moulding, with wider bits of tape being used on each end.
    Thanks for that jezzy...appreciated....

    So its' a case of stripping off the inner trim off the doors & card eh???

    Then trying to pull the strips off the sticky double sided tape after unclipping 'em ...& hope they don't bend/snap in the process ...

    In other words..for me....

    Think I'll have a go at rubbing the scratched ones down carefully while they are on the car & apply a couple if light coats of Lighting Silver Z163 Standard shade spray paint I bought for the parking sensors I fitted a couple of years ago.....carefully masking up the body panels around 'em.....& see how they look.

    Will show before & after shots when I do it....when the weather gets a bit warmer.

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
    Thanks for that jezzy...appreciated....

    So its' a case of stripping off the inner trim off the doors & card eh???

    Then trying to pull the strips off the sticky double sided tape after unclipping 'em ...& hope they don't bend/snap in the process ...

    In other words..for me....

    Think I'll have a go at rubbing the scratched ones down carefully while they are on the car & apply a couple if light coats of Lighting Silver Z163 Standard shade spray paint I bought for the parking sensors I fitted a couple of years ago.....carefully masking up the body panels around 'em.....& see how they look.

    Will show before & after shots when I do it....when the weather gets a bit warmer.

    Cheers
    Just take the ******s off you wimp! :P

    We'll have a joint rub strip removing day if you like lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. rear door tweeters
    By taffy bhoy in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11th October 2011, 13:20
  2. Door Mouldings
    By sol in forum Bodywork & Interior
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd September 2011, 13:35
  3. rear door card
    By Collis in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21st March 2011, 20:36
  4. Irmscher Bumper Impact Mouldings for Pre-facelift
    By SRiXPT in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th March 2010, 17:43

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •