User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Win-ce hack for double din units?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Win-ce hack for double din units?

Right this is a long shot but.......

after a conversation with a mate in work, i have found out that most of the chinese double din units run using wince

he has downloaded a patch for his unit, which is similar to mine, which unlocks wince and the unit can be used like a car pc and the 'skins' can also be modified plus things like an ipod theme etc

i was just wondering if anyone has had any dealing with these hack's

this might be one for yysnet!!
    Engine-DTUK eco3,K&N panel filter/airbox mod1&2,samco vac hoses,covers detailedExt-XP spliter,sig fogs,eyebrows,tinted side repeaters&rear lights,debadged,CC'd vxr valance/boot strip/calipers,heated jets,flatblade wipers,reverse cam,mtec bulbs,twin exhaust,8k HIDs,snowflakes,opel grill/insig griffinInt-TV/NAV/DVD,led&white GID conversion,footwell lighting,cooled g'box,custom headrests,blinds,JBL sub/amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...I done it on mine...

Wince is a good system for embedded processors, and can be as small as some hundred K bytes or as large as some hundred M bytes depending on requirement. A basic CE system is just provide basic support and a full CE works like windows 9x.

So whether you can "crack" is really depending how they customized the system, i.e. how integraty your system is. If the system is without the necessary support for desktop, then no crack will work.

The crack/patch normally is tool to activate your desktop. If you know windows system well, then you know the desktop is an windows application call explorer.exe

To crack your wince car unit, first thing need to know is the way they hide the desktop. Some of them just hide it by alter the registry, some of them by replace explorer.exe(desktop) with their GUI application, and some put the GUI to the startup progress and the GUI will cover/kill the desktop when loaded.

But if you dont want to know these, then it's worth to try that crack. But some unit can't easily save the configuration.(i.e. it will back to original system when restarted) this is not like WM systems in smart phone.

For my wince system, it's a sererate unit that uses CID as display. I just wrote an interface to choose between IGO and TOMTOM and some small tools and games, rather than make it a fancy carpc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also very interested in this...

how do i know if i have windows CE 5?

i have a xtrons td714 which i was told runs CE, just have no idea how to access it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pioneer is windows based. I just downloaded a file that boots it into test mode and therefore windows. From there you can change almost anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yysnet View Post
    Well...I done it on mine...

Wince is a good system for embedded processors, and can be as small as some hundred K bytes or as large as some hundred M bytes depending on requirement. A basic CE system is just provide basic support and a full CE works like windows 9x.

So whether you can "crack" is really depending how they customized the system, i.e. how integraty your system is. If the system is without the necessary support for desktop, then no crack will work.

The crack/patch normally is tool to activate your desktop. If you know windows system well, then you know the desktop is an windows application call explorer.exe

To crack your wince car unit, first thing need to know is the way they hide the desktop. Some of them just hide it by alter the registry, some of them by replace explorer.exe(desktop) with their GUI application, and some put the GUI to the startup progress and the GUI will cover/kill the desktop when loaded.

But if you dont want to know these, then it's worth to try that crack. But some unit can't easily save the configuration.(i.e. it will back to original system when restarted) this is not like WM systems in smart phone.

For my wince system, it's a sererate unit that uses CID as display. I just wrote an interface to choose between IGO and TOMTOM and some small tools and games, rather than make it a fancy carpc...
    Thanks for the info!!!

To be honest I just want it to be able to amend the skins, and also use it as a desktop for browsing files and possibly accessing the internet via tethering.

There is a guy from the golf mk5 & m3 forums who has written alot of cracks (costing $19.99) which will unlock everythin but I have seen some free files which can do the jobs I want for free at the moment, then if I do use it more I will buy the better crack and files

I'll keep you posted about how I get on
    Engine-DTUK eco3,K&N panel filter/airbox mod1&2,samco vac hoses,covers detailedExt-XP spliter,sig fogs,eyebrows,tinted side repeaters&rear lights,debadged,CC'd vxr valance/boot strip/calipers,heated jets,flatblade wipers,reverse cam,mtec bulbs,twin exhaust,8k HIDs,snowflakes,opel grill/insig griffinInt-TV/NAV/DVD,led&white GID conversion,footwell lighting,cooled g'box,custom headrests,blinds,JBL sub/amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tried a free hack WOLFncu

and well its bit ****! no skins load up correctly, and the skin only works after booting up the hacks exe file, nothing changes unless this is booted up and nothing is loaded onto the internal memory

plus i couldnt assign my sat nav .exe file to the new 'nav' button on the screen, so after loading the new hack/skin i couldnt even access my nav

so i might be forking out $19.99 to try out some proper software from here
    http://www.flydigital.ro/wince/

unless anyone else has other ideas?

idealy i would like to change my normal unit skins, but as these units tend to use 2 boards/drives i probably cant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what stereo is it i looked on ebay but all i can find are the astra ones were it comes forward on the trim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yysnet. You got TomTom for winCE, I looked everywhere for it but could not find it was proper gutted read on there website the stop supporting it and no longer sell the software, so ended up with iGo8.

Paul_sri150, did you manage to find anything out about the hack, I had a read on that webpage you linked to, but I do not know what the hack will do. I wouldn't mind being able to add custom "car logos" to my unit, the standard ones are plain boring IMHO.

Regards

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think something like "miopocket" could work for you - it is an unlock suite for many wince 5/6 based gps receivers, and may work for you. google miopocket!

(i would love to be able to attach a canbus interface and do all sorts of cool panels and engine management and tech2-programming from the ICE touch screen, but hey thats just dreams)

Thread Information