Thread: Someone hit my car...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Someone hit my car...

I reported to the police as the owner didn't leave details.

It was hit in the street, and (assuming it was a local resident) there are 4 possible cars it could be in my street. I'll be checking them for corresponding damage. If I find some, they're in for a shock as the copper I spoke to advised the person is liable for prosection for leaving the scene of an accident.....

New front bumper required, fitted @ £500 inc vat by Vauxhall

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had this myself mate where there was a car parked next to my car one night went out in the morning and my back o/s rear bumper had damage on it never seen the car back since most annoying thing in the world

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it happened to me at the tax office of all places 2, the police said its like a hit n run if u dont leave any detail now iv a bill of 200 for rear bumper and arch, ther was cctv were i was but im not holdin my breath lol!!!!! hope u get who done it m8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI XP1

fingers crossed someone comes forward. It isn't nice. Don't think i could like with myself if i was on the opposite end. But then again, People just don't care about others property

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

We've got (light) scratches on both our cars - parked on our frontage on the patio. We caught a couple of local kids riding pushbikes up our garage entrance (dropped kerb) then handbrake turning, showering both cars with gravel- till we pointed out 1. they are trespassing and 2 how much a respray would cost their parents. They still near miss the cars, probably to prove how brave they are. They haven't caught on yet, if they hit the Vec, how dead they'll be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any luck locating the culprit?... I had the same ... I was fortunate to spot a car a week later with a suspect scrape - visited the pensioner home later that day and bingo! - he was good about it and gave me a cheque to have my rear bumper re-sprayed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nick_s View Post
    the copper I spoke to advised the person is liable for prosection for leaving the scene of an accident
    You can leave the scene of an accident, if it is not possible to contact the third party involved, but you MUST report that accident within 24 hours
    This often presents problems for local authorities, where damage is found and it is some time before the vehicle details are obtained as the report came from a police station outwith the area, but in most cases a nearby police station is involved

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by chewy71 View Post
    Any luck locating the culprit?... I had the same ... I was fortunate to spot a car a week later with a suspect scrape - visited the pensioner home later that day and bingo! - he was good about it and gave me a cheque to have my rear bumper re-sprayed
    Yup See below

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    You can leave the scene of an accident, if it is not possible to contact the third party involved, but you MUST report that accident within 24 hours
    This often presents problems for local authorities, where damage is found and it is some time before the vehicle details are obtained as the report came from a police station outwith the area, but in most cases a nearby police station is involved
    They didn't report it to either the police nor their insurers

As you may have figured, I found the owner, they live a few doors down. She admitted full liability, and her insurers have been in touch, they're arranging all the repairs, inc courtesy car (FOC to me).....all is well. What has jarred me off most is that they knew they had hit me, they knew where I live and didn't bother. They moved their car totally out of the way from their usual spot, arse end into the green so it's not so easy to spot.

They didn't report the accident to their insurers as they are only TPFT.....

Car should be sorted this week by all accounts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I doubt the police will take any further action, as the accident had no witnesses (see below)

Their insurance may decline indemnity cover, leaving them personally liable
    However, your insurance will stay pay out and their insurance will then claim it from them personally

The insurance may then inform the police that cover was not in place
    The police would then be able to pursue for the greater offence, for which no witness would be required (as vehicles don't just magically impact other vehicles)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

Yup See below

As you may have figured, I found the owner, they live a few doors down. She admitted full liability, and her insurers have been in touch, they're arranging all the repairs, inc courtesy car (FOC to me).....all is well. What has jarred me off most is that they knew they had hit me, they knew where I live and didn't bother. They moved their car totally out of the way from their usual spot, arse end into the green so it's not so easy to spot.

They didn't report the accident to their insurers as they are only TPFT.....

Car should be sorted this week by all accounts

Sounds like they tried to avoid liability. At least now you've found them they're doing the decent thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information