0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gone but not forgotten

Well thats my Vec gone as well, after it being the longest ownership of a car I have had nearly 4 years. As my last 2 cars (Mazda 6 2.0D Sport and the 3.0 Vec) have been diesel I have now went back to petrol. The 3.0 is truly a wonderful engine and car which Vauxhall should have continued to develop like BMW have with their 3.0 Diesels, the market is there. The smoothness/power balance was perfect and the twin exhaust on a cold winters morning was a lovely sight. Journalists slated the Vec however after the Mazda 6 the handling suited me the 'normal' driving man perfectly and I never lacked confidence when pushing on.

The help available on this site is truly invaluable and ultimately saved me a fortune in garage bills for normal things as nothing really major failed on my Vec. It was the little things, brake/disc kit and not the separates that Vx want you to buy. The uprated springs rather than Vx extortion, The HOW 2's are absolutely brilliant and when the washer bottle blocked it was invaluable. The droplinks/suspension noises and where to look/guides. I can honestly say that every little Vec foible has been on this site with a fix/solution and gives US THE OWNERS confidence to 'deal' with the dealers.

This site also has a welcoming feeling in which there are no prima donna's with the usual little posse of yes men that normally follow them. Everyone is an owner no matter the background and is treated equally. Finally the Moderators/Admin are really good and don't police the site like an un-calibrated GATSO and will let debate flow but know when to draw the line and shut the thread (rarely).

Now what I have replaced the Vec with well its this;

The 'deal' was just too good to refuse with the VAT off etc ended up paying just over 13K for a brand new Vrs 2.0 Tsi. Picked it up on lunchtime 1st Mar on a nice new 11 reg with 4 miles on the clock. It has

Xenon's AFL's
    Dual Zone Climate Control
    Bolero Touchscreen
    Maxidot
    18" Alloys

I could go on its got everything lol, will run it in for first 1000miles then gonna get it re-mapped. It is amazing going back to petrol with a full rev range again and I am finding that I am still changing up too early now and again when I still have 1000's to go ! The 2011 Octavia has the new Tsi engine from the mk6 golf instead of the Tfsi previously so it actually has 210Bhp instead of the published 200 (couldn't upset those Vw owners paying 6k more for same power). A remap will take it up to 265Bhp which will be more than enough for me, some VAG cars do the K04 which takes it too 325Bhp (not for me lol).

Finally the economy, I am bloomin surprised how economical this car actually is, I have averaged 34mpg so far inc some spirited driving and a lot around town(no m/way yet). The maxidot display helps this as it shows you what gear you are in and an up/down arrow to change for the most economical gear. The quality of the switchgear etc is faultless everything damped and the dashboard is amazing the dials all do the Vxr 'round the dials' at start up etc

Well you are prob bored off me prattling on, however I am still on this site most nights just wont be posting in the Vec/Signum section so much.

Ciao peeps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish you all the best with the new car biglad I've seen you post lots of times always sensible, I love this place as well, great people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enjoy the new car! thats a fair remap (bhp jump)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fairly new member on here as well and agree 100% with everything posted about the friendliness of the forum etc.

Nice car to replace the Vec with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice motor, wish you well with it, and as you say, what a place this forum is for invaluable help!

Thread Information