For members or guests who haven't got time to trawl through multiple threads.
1. So what happened to cause all this drama?
The simplest way to explain is a brief history.
- Ultimate Finish announce their February detailing competition.
- Several people enter including a Mod. from the Qashqai forum.
- He then starts a thread on there asking other members to vote and the Qashqai takes an early lead
- Khalid from this club then enters and puts up a similar thread here.
- Both threads progress normally with the normal banter that goes with asking for more people to vote.
- Khalid's car receives over 20 votes on the first day causing the Mod. on the Qashqai forum to search the name and find the Vec-c thread.
- He posts what he has seen and admits the outcome looks gloomy given the size of the membership here.
- On Vec-c the majority of members do not read the thread or having done so decide to not vote on this occasion so the Qashqai stays ahead.
2. Right, so what's the problem? That's the way you normally go about this type of competition. I still don't get why everyone has suddenly started voting?
This is why.
- The Mod. on the Qashqai forum still believes that the Vectra will win. He posts that the votes for his car have dried up.
- He receives another vote and the individual comments (perhaps jokingly?) that he needs another IP address.
-Another Mod. then posts instructions on how to alter your IP address.
4. You are joking? I assume it got deleted immediately?
No and no. The post giving the instructions was by a Mod.
5. So what did the entrant do after that?
He replied underneath with, "Hope some of you can do this for me"
6. Hang on, didn't you say he was a Mod. too?
7. So what happened next?
The thread - which was four pages long at that point - still contained both posts well into the following morning. It was then spotted by at least two members on here (both of whom had not voted at that point).
8. I'm still confused. I've read the thread on the Qashqai forum and there is no mention of how to change your IP address and it's only two pages long, not four like you said earlier?
At some point the following day, after the link to the Qashqai thread was put on here - and after the company running the competition were contacted to alert them of the posts on the Qashqai forum - the four page thread was altered and two pages have gone. Some posts were removed and others had their content altered.
9. OK so what about the company running the competition and what about Nissan? What's their view? And what about the deleted posts?
The people running the competition are investigating the voting pattern but to be fair to them this is a nightmare task and they should never have been put into this position. This is a top detailing company who have run a similar competition for some time.
Nissan Motors (GB) are aware of what has gone on and have made it clear that they are not associated with the Qashqai forum. It is an independent club run by owners and enthusiasts.
As for the deleted posts, soft and hard copies were taken and are available if needed
10. Right now I understand why people are voting in such high numbers. Surely he will win anyway now but if I want to make sure how do I vote?
There is no guarantee he will win. He needs every vote as in the past less than ten votes have separated the winner from second place. Even with all the votes he has so far he is still behind the qashqai by one vote (although this may change when the overnight votes have been applied.)
The simple fact is he needs everyone to vote who cares about a level playing field.
To do so click on this link
Vote for Khalid if you believe the car and situation deserve it.
You will then get an email from UF and you will need to click on that to complete the vote. If you don't reply to the email the vote DOES NOT COUNT.
Your vote may not be added straight away as they are done in blocks so don't be concerned if your vote does not register immediately. They do have a company to run which takes priority over instant updates/
Thankyou for reading.