Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Devils own methanol injection

What do you guys think of this

260quid for the full kit

And on eBay methanol is 20quid for 25 litres which you mix 50/50 with distiller water

Boost switch at 15psi and adjustable so I can have it spraying when I hit 15psi boost. Toggle switch so you can turn it on or off in the car

And gains of 30-70bhp when operating also cleans internals of te engine too

Not a bad price guys if you looking for more power and alot cheaper the nitrous which costs alot of money and refills are expensive

http://www.methanol-injection.co.uk/...products_id=28

Is any one interested to give it a try. Cheaper than a tuning box lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

best man to ask about this is Nutron........... lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lol sorry price is 219

Seems worth the money if you get the gains however not sure about the insurance company

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have seen 2 vectra's on the rr both running water/meth & both had uprated turbo's, one had crd-t other had a remap.
    both made very similar power 216/217 bhp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

It will not give you any more power gains than you can get with fuel alone. If you already smoke heavily in your diesel, you probably won't see any more power. You could turn your diesel fueling down a bit though to make it more economic and use the injection as a boost to give you the same power as you had only when you want it. You should see an increase in peak torque though, regardless of power gains. I saw upto 30lbft more low down with water/methanol injection over just dumping in diesel.

If you were to fit a kit to an unmapped/boxed car or one that wasn't heavily fueling already, you could see power and torque gains.

I'm very keen on my water/methanol kit but I wouldn't try to tell people that it will give them this much extra power and torque, it would depend on the vehicle and the amount of fluid you inject.

That was the Leeds Rolling Road and my kit was not running properly because of bloked jets. That is also the lowest figure either of those two cars had recorded on any rollers. The torque for them was 370lbft/360lbft though, which not to be sniffed to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The water methanol certainly makes a difference but whether it makes enough difference to make the expense and effort worthwhile, I am as yet undecided.
    On one set of rollers the car went from 232 bhp to 242 bhp just be switching on the injection and before it was properly set up.
    After it was set up and on RS Tuning's rollers the car did 205.6 bhp and 348 ft.lbs without water methanol and 216.2 bhp and 377 ft.lbs with it switched on. Unfortunately the car was going in to limp home mode on these rollers which does not happen on any other rollers or on the open road. The cause is identified and will be rectified soon.
    Later the same day on the rollers at Motoscope Northallerton the car did 242.1 bhp/352.8 ft.lbs and 280.9/366.5 ft.lbs switched on.
    It certainly makes a difference but I need to do a bit more work before I determine the actual worth.
    I also bleed a small amount of water methanol at just above cruise boost on a level road and you can definately feel the positive effect from this as it switches on and it has an improving effect on fuel economy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Where did you get your kit from and have you got any pics of your setup so I can have a look mate cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Worth noting that the 280bhp run was apparently showing about 70bhp losses, which is rediculous and clearly the rollers weren't correctly set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

WINNIE: My methanol setup came from a company in the US I deal with all the time on Subaru bits but it is ultimately from Snow Performance. PM me your email address and I will send you any photos in my storage and loads more info but I do not have a camera for a few days or I would put the photos on here. I suspect the claims above are somewhat exaggerated in terms of power benefits and also keeping the inlet clean is probably also an exaggeration.

Worth noting that the 280bhp run was apparently showing about 70bhp losses, which is rediculous and clearly the rollers weren't correctly set up.
    Nutron: These are the same rollers you ran on earlier the same day. Ignore the 280 bhp run with water methanol if you wish. I will post up my 242 bhp run and you can post your 230 or 229 run or whatever it was. (I will also post the RS Tuning graphs.) There may be things to learn for all of us but saying that the Motoscope rollers weren't correctly set up when you ran on them on the morning and I ran on them in the afternoon is not very wise and I think Motoscope may have something to say about that. I think the rolling road day was covered by Total Vauxhall so no doubt the results will be published in a future issue.
    My Wife's car has snow tyres so it may be there was some slippage on the 281 bhp run and I already know the snow tyres add to greater losses.

Nutron: You might have a bigger **** but it makes no difference to me. I am doing this for my interest and you have tried to put me down several times and I have also seen you try to put other people down too. If you want to think you are the font of all knowledge and tell rolling road operators how to run their dynos that is your problem. You tell us you have been doing this for six years so I would have thought you were streets ahead, not 1 bhp and a shed load less torque at RS, nevermind your Motoscope result.
    Now post your graphs for RS Tuning and Motoscope on the same day and come out with your excuses so we can all have a good laugh.

By the way, you made comment on my car going in to limp home mode at RS. That is true. It does not do it on the open road, nor did it do it at Motoscope or any other rollers other than RS. The output when it next runs at RS will be very interesting.
    Now let's hear your excuses and see your graphs.

http://i52.tinypic.com/30aurs7.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2u76agg.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Smile

I just tell the truth, if you don't like that I can't help it.

The force needed to turn your transmission at 4000rpm is going to be virtually identical to that of any other 1.9 cdti with f40 box. Clearly there was an issue with the results or you transmission to produce drag like that. Unless you fitted a 4 wheel drive system to drain all the power away? Alway willing to discus things, you have my number from tdoc.

I told you why it most likely went into limp mode. Very warm in RS, higher pressure. You will see the same problem on the road in summer most likely. I have had to turn my boost down to 30psi with the current warmer temps. No illusions here, just straight up fact.

My torque comes in much quicker than yours and holds from 2500 to 3000 at max. Might be the smaller wheel or the two stage introduction of water/methanol I have? I hit 270lbft at 2000 rpm last run, when do you start injecting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information