User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Never thought I'd see this myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Never thought I'd see this myself...

Saw something today which I've heard about a few times, but never imagined I'd see myself...

Was driving up the A12 London-bound, about a mile before the Brook Street junction at the M25. For those who don't know it, it's a pretty busy stretch of dual carriageway, big central reservation, crash barriers, a motorway in all but name.

My dad was driving, so we were tootling along in the slow lane at about 50mph when...

A purple Ford Ka comes towards us, up the WRONG SIDE of the carriageway! Couldn't quite believe what I was seeing as it went past us! I looked in the mirror to see a couple of cars swerve dangerously to avoid it.

Got the phone out to dial 999 and it took a long time to get through, undoubtably everyone else had the same idea.

A bit further up the road there were a couple of people carriers which had just collided, presumably while attempting to avoid the Ford Ka.

Quite how the guy managed to get on to the wrong carriageway I have no idea... He was a mile back from the M25 junction and I can't see any way he'd have joined there in the wrong direction. A mile or so further it turns into a 50mph zone as it's a residential area, I can only assume he turned out of one of the turnings there, but he must have driven for nearly 3 miles without realising what he was doing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

I feel it's about time there were some sort of barrier on slip roads to make it near impossible for cars to go on the wrong side of the carriageway. Too many times i've heard stories like this.

Just over a month ago a woman in a Nissan Micra died on the A90 just outside my town, she had driven for about 5 or 6 miles before hitting a Toyota Rav4 head on. Luckily the driver of that did survive but something needs to be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm ****** glad it was my dad driving and dawling along like he often does...

If I'd been at the wheel we'd have been doing 70 in the fast lane and straight towards him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Prob a European driver on the wrong side of the road thinking he was doing well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

More than likely Spenny there are plenty of foreigners around that way if you get my drift! And they all drive like they found their licence in a christmas cracker!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just Read That Out To My Burd...Said Too Her It Probs Somebody Doin A Runner Or An Auld Doted F***...She Said Is His Name Tam D***** Cheeky F*****

Probs Hear Summit On Your Local News Laterz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Dynamic

Engine : 1.6 turbo

Year : 2019

Mileage : 44000

Well then all the ghost riders in the wrong side is from the UK... (just as you are saying that that driver was from outside UK)..

We have many of those here.. but funny they are from denmark, so it will probaly be a brit doing that in the UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Well then all the ghost riders in the wrong side is from the UK... (just as you are saying that that driver was from outside UK)..

We have many of those here.. but funny they are from denmark, so it will probaly be a brit doing that in the UK.

If it wasn't a stolen car being pursued by a police chopper, then nine times out of ten it's some 85 year old whose too senile to realise he's done anything wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

UK registered Ford Ka... definitely an old persons car (no offence to anyone!)

Got a call from the police this morning to ask me if I could give them any more info, unfortunatly not, didn't get the reg or anything.

Apparently they've no idea who the driver was, he must have realised and turned round before they got there. Thankfully they said that the only accident was the one I saw.

The police reckon he joined the dual carriageway from the M25 roundabout, although the copper didn't seem to understand quite how either!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I too am often amazed just how these people get to be driving against the flow of traffic. Any sane person would think, hmm,,, why are all these cars comming right for me? I had a near miss on a big roundabout near us, it's a two lane roundabout, i was in the outer lane as going right on exit three and as i rounded it, a Fiesta was comming right at me from the wrong direction!!!! lucky there was nothing in the inside lane so i swerved to avoid it and the Fiesta just carried on round, totally oblivious....

Thread Information