Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Turbo

Hi guy's anyone know what turbo i have in my insignia 2.0 t (petrol) and is it possible to fit an atmospheric dump valve?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Adam23 View Post
    Hi guy's anyone know what turbo i have in my insignia 2.0 t (petrol) and is it possible to fit an atmospheric dump valve?
    don't know about the turbo but yes you can fit dump valve no problem

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

don't quote me on this but i think the A20NHT engine (called L850 in the states) in the Insignia carries a Mitsubishi TD04 turbo that was fitted to the very silimiar Z20NET engine found in the vecs, Signums and Saab 9-3 Aero from 2006 - 2009.. Turbo technology does not change very much so the tried and tested TD04 that can handle higher amounts of boost than the Garrett was the obvious choice.. There is very little if any info available to the aftermarket yet so info is limited.. but somebody wa stalking about this the otherday at a tuners, info needs to be confirmed though..

Hopefully somebody on here will have had actually taken a look at the turbo by now rather than just polishing the outside of the car..... if you remove the heatshield coming off the back of the block that covers the turbo and take a pic I will be able to tell you the brand at least. If you have a look at the compressor housing (the lighter metal coloured half) you will see a flattened rectangular nameplate on one side of it (normally the left hand side) with some numbers engraved into it, tell me what those numbers are and i can can confirm the turbo model and spec for you..
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

North West Regional Organiser paulvectrac's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo

Year : 2007

nige is the man think it should be turbo nutter nige now lol hows the signum mate
    Vectra vxr custome remaps egr deletes dpf and diagnostic work all remaps are custome bench tuning avalible all genuine equipment PM for info

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the info guys, gonna try and find a suitable dump valve. Only problem is nowhere seems to do any for the insignia Any help welcome
    P.S. will fitting an after market DV cause me any problems with the stealer?
    Last edited by Adam23; 23rd February 2011 at 23:03. Reason: misstake

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Although I don't have one fitted to mine as it makes enough noise i can buy them if needed, so your best bet would probably be to get one that fits the 2.0T Z20NET engine of the Vectra or B207R of Saab 9-3 Aero. A few guys have fitted them on here and will be able to give you some instruction..n a quick sdearch will no doubt show the threads.
    My old Signum, the animal; she now rests in pieces in several other members cars.. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=200
    The wifes vec show car, started as a standard daily driver and ended up like this. https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/garag...vehicle&id=709

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the info nige, I've been told that I can manually raise the boost by turning a screw on the turbo actuator. Is this true or just tosh, if true what are the possible side effects. Please excuse my ignorance as I'm new to turbos!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

you can manually adjust the the arm out a bit, but you need to this just one or two complete turns at a time, it you start to get turbo chatter then wind it back one at a time. Some models of car have benefitted from the manual adjustment but i believe its best to let a remapper do this..

If it was my car I would be giving Tourqingbhp.com a call, he may not have mapped one yet but he knows the Z20NET very well and i reckon would give you a great map for your A20NHT engine.. he will make it nice and fast.. dump valves are really a waste of time imho, your money would be better spent on getting a high flow airfilter which will make your acceleration smoother and stronger at the top end and tends to amplify your turbo sounds anyway..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nige, I can't tell you how nice it is to have you advise, it's much appropriated. Think I will give the dump valve a miss as I've read some right horror stories. As the car is only 8 months old I'm a little worried about tuning because I've been told VX dealers are ar*eholes ref warranty stuff if you've played about. But thank you for the info :-)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

lol.. if you have warranty then avoid a remap unless you can get one supplied on a PPC tuner, the PPC device allows you to apply the map and also remove it when you need to put the car into the dealers.. then you can put it back on later.. Getting a map on a PPC device like this is the expensive way and only a few companies do them. If you choose to go down that route in the future we can look into it more then.

Can you do me a favour please, when you get a minute, can you take a few pics under the bonnet of that engine of yours, that way we can see the layout of the thing and can give better advise on what options may be available to you..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information