dont feel too bad about it, i clicked it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum 1.9 CDTi to me its a Great Car

Hi I've had this car for 5 years now its an 04 132,000 miles, I put a posting in the other day. guys to cut very long story short I appear to have an EGR valve issue, AA man removed and cleaned the valve up now car doesn't smoke great. A clogged up DPF,a Leaking pipe for the intercooler and the bracket off my inlet mainfold.

I can do the work myslef as I've had many years working on my M/C anyway I have been told by V dealer total cost £2,300.00 to virtualy replace everything thats flagged up as faulty by tech 2.

My question is would my inlet manifold be entitled to a replacement by the manufacture were these replaced under a recall? won't mind saving myslef the £920.00 I've been quoted by the dealer.I appricate milage and time might be against me. Also I can't seem to work out what the whirling sound I can hear, sounds like those party blowouts or when you blow over the top of a bottle, I have driven the car back from where it broke down but was only able to drive about 40 to 50 mph max no power. So I better go to see the bank manager.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by winnie2457 View Post
    No3 injector, symptoms are juddering and a slight misfire in extreme cases un driveable with eml on sometimes, remedy replace no3 injector wiring

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73584
    Just to add that eventually all the injector plugs eventually need rewiring - it's just that the third goes first for some reason. Also that the same type of connector is used throughout the engine and can give similar probelms. Take them off, squirt contact cleaner on them and push back on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ooh, I'm scared now!!!!....may stick with my 13 year old Accord and not go camping any more?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Pulled my egr valve off but the plunger is moving fine does this mean it doesnt need stripped and cleaned?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

z19dth broken cambelt shuld be the first in the list

Change the water pump together with cam belt (apr 50 000km)!!!

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151588

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just cleaned my E G R valve what a difference its made to the car, they certainly know what they are taking about on this site.I would like to say thanks for the thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default broken timming belt

My timming belt broke after 3 years or 29 thousand miles. It ripped the top pully off the cam shaft, bent 4 valves, and also bent the water pump along with a pully. Whats the chances of this engine working again(the engine is an 8v 120hp 2006 tdi)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi could you tell me if the No.3 injector plug is also a common issue on the 1.9 tdi 120 BHp, i checkked out the how to link and it looks very different to the set up on the 120 BHp, i think it is showing a twin cam 150 BHp dont want to hack and slash it and find out should have left it alone.

Can any one help, i am having all the usual problems with my engine and cant clear it.

the issue is after start i get either of the following lights the car with the spanner or the anvil.

the car will go into limp home mode after about 2 mins, this happens if the car is being driven or the car is in idle, the car will then not rev over 3000 rpm.

i have changed all vac pipes, sorted the Throttle body housing (resoldered connections) cleaned boost sensor, checked and replaced the large hose going to the throttle housing, removed the small filter in the turbo vac housing ( the one at the bonnet shut ) i had blanked the EGR then removed, was told i had a throttle position sensor problem by the guy from Chiptuners so put another on i got from ebay ( but do not know for it that was ok or not, bought a cheap code reader only to find the poxy thing does not want to connect with my car, even though it meet all the requirements.

can any one please help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I believe i'm having problems with the EGR. Ive been through the pictures for cleaning it up on this thread. The first pic says locate the valve, easy enough lol. where is the valve located, i'm no pro but i'll give this a go as all the posts say it's easy.

Thanks in advance

1.9 diesel 150
    Last edited by Wyneo; 15th August 2012 at 17:04.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information