Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Won't accelerate, engine problems

Hi all and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out...

I've a 06 1.9CDTI (150) Signum which was going well for a month. I bought the car from a small dealer who gave a 6 month RAC warranty.

When driving to work yesterday down a long hill I was doing70mph when the car suddenly lost power and wouldn't accelerate. I went down the gears and nothing, only for the fact I was going down the hill the car kept going or it would've been ALOT worse. The car slowed all the way down to under 50mph as I still couldn't accelerate and was only going by momentum, after about half a mile the car picked up again and drove fine to work. Now the engine never cut out and no lights illuminated during that episode.

Then today after driving ok in the morning, the car lost all power when it was out at lunchtime. Like at junctions you simply couldn't pull away, the car was barely struggling to reach 10mph and wouldn't accelerate at all through any gear, again no lights showing. Added to this, the cruise control wouldn't work.

I took the car straight back to dealer, on the way the engine management light illuminated and went out before I reached the garage. The dealer plugged it in to their diagnostics while I went for something to eat. I arrived back to see the car sitting ready to go again and the guy told me that nothing untoward was coming up and that it was more than likely dodgy fuel and asked where I got fuel from. He added that they could change the fuel filter but if it was down to fuel issues then I would have to pay. I took the car from the dealers and same problem, no acceleration, until after maybe flooring the pedal for 5 or 6 seconds, then the car would take off. I had no option but to go back to work. Coming home tonight the car drove ok I guess, maybe not as much power.

Now I would assume dodgy fuel would make a car jump and stutter and seeing that the fuel in the car on Monday (the 1st episode) was different from todays fuel (two different garages) I don't think it's down to fuel. So basically has anyone an idea as to what this could be and secondly, what should I be expecting from the dealer and/or RAC warranty?

Cheers guys, I would appreciate any help as this is making me mad!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

get them to check the egr and make sure it clear and the ports into the inlet from egr and make sure they are clear.
    failing that it could be the dpf in the exhaust getting blocked both common problems.
    get them to check the dpf via diagnostics it will tell them the % it is saturated at prob find it near or over 100%

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have you tried an Italian tune up? Get it hot enough and get the DPF to regen.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Could be the DPF or third injector plug. Check this by removing engine cover and checking the colour of the injector plugs, if they are yellow then they are the old style and need changed - more so the 3rd one.

Gazza4

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for replies.

What kind of money would be involved in replacing injector plugs?

From having a look around the site my problem seems to be similiar to others who have put it down to the inlet manifold, 2 words I see often around here but meant nothing to me unfortunately as I'm no pro!

It's just when I read others saying about the car being limp lower down the revs and then loosening up after a while and the spanner coming on and going off again, it all sounds familiar. As this is only happening sporadically, it's hard to show the guy exactly the issue at its worst.

Anyone had any experience with RAC Warrantys?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok so latest update... (I'll try my best via wifes comments over phone)

RAC guy out under the warranty who hooked up car up to diagnostics and surprise surprise there are 5 fault codes showing. (See yesterdays post that dealer stated that no codes were showing up!) This is getting rather sinister for my liking. I'm losing faith very very quickly from who I've bought this off!

I haven't got the codes to hand but was told there's problems with a leak with the air intake and problems with the EGR with another 3 more minor issues. Now have the car booked in with a Vauxhall dealer to get the work done. Apparently my warranty covers up to £1000 of work per claim. Thing is, the dealer who I bought the car off told RAC guy that they didn't have a workshop to do the work, which is false as they supposably serviced the car when I bought it, and I was in the workshop yesterday where they were working on cars. Now maybe I've misunderstood the term workshop but by heck it looked like one to me...

Where do I stand with this dealer who's clearing bending the rules here. Anyone else ever had such an experience?

Thread Information