Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Parrot Mki9200 in CDC40 - Muting problems

Hi all
    Halfords have just 'installed' my mki9200 into my 2006 Vectra with a standard CDC40-Opera Radio installed.
    They used a special addtional ISO adaptor lead to plug into the back of the radio system.

My CD / FM & DAB all work fine, however the Parrot doesn't Mute properly or play music back properly

When an incoming call comes in, the main CD / radio partially mutes, going quiet and sounds like it's coming from a centre speaker.
    Same when trying to playback music via Bluetooth or via the line-in. The car's CD / radio doesn't fully mute so you get both music playing at same time.
    The Parrot's music only plays on the front 2 speakers.

In addition, the unit turns off when I turn the ignition off but the screen does not say good bye (apparently it's a problem if it doesn't say goodbye).

He did make a connection to the cigarette lighter feed for a switched live, but there was also a pink wire coming from the Parrot ISO block that plugs into the back of the radio. The installer did not know what to do with that pink wire so left it loose, with a bit of tape covering end. Would this be the cause of the problem?
    He's going to have another look next weekend, but if it's something simple, I could whip out the radio and sort it myself...

Cheers

Ian in London

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, spent all evening reading through every post on here and elsewhere... Conclusions:
    Pink lead needs to get connected to the yellow Mute cable off the parrott (port 9 or 11?). This should fix the 7th speaker (centre) mute and give me an 'External' which will also pause the CD. Anyone confirm that?

Somewhere else says I need a SOT-122s lead rather than a SOT-122 in order to get the steering wheel controls working (I have the roller type wheel control).

Unsure why rear speakers aren't working for music though.
    And apparently I need to swap the red and orange fuse round to fix the lack of 'Goodbye' screen.
    (although also read that he should have taken the 12v feed from the small adapter taped to the ciggie lighter feed, rather than the ciggy feed itself).

So I'm half sorted, but do feel free to add anything, esp re the rear speakers and steerign wheel controls....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So, in the interests of helping other guys who suffer the same problems, I can confirm:
    Pink Wire goes to the long yellow wire coming out the back of the parrot box that has a bullet-type connector.

You do indeed swap the fuses so orange wire goes to red, and red goes to orange.

And finally, some of the block connectors are indeed loose. There's a grey block that easily comes half loose from the black block its fits into; bind them with electrical tape.

These things took me 15 minutes and everything works fine now.

Properly fixed block connectors = Streamed music comes from front and rear.
    Swapped red / orange wires on teh bullet fuses = Parrot screen shuts down a few seconds after you remove the ignition key and states 'Goodbye'. This means it keeps its settings and contacts.

Pink loose wire to long yellow wire out the back of the parrot box = centre speaker mutes and 'External In' shows on display with CD pausing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Big thanks for your info on this!

I am going to install the MKI9200 very soon and this info may prove very handy.

Any tips on routing the mic wire and wire for screen mount.?

Thanks
    John

Thread Information