User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: dpf query

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    portsmouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    confused dpf query

    trying to get to the bottom of what im sure is many problems on this cdti 150 , i was wondering about the dpf filter. When i first disconnected the downpipe so it just ran through the 1st cat the car really boosted up and went like a rocket. I have got to work on it again a few months later , i have done :

    * egr cleanup ( electromagnet stripout and lube + valve cleanout )
    * re soldered the throttle valve circuit board
    * cleaned boost sensor

    I have taken off the dpf this morning at work and soaked it in tfr cleaner as some people said it can clean out the dpf, what i did notice though on the drive home it didnt have any improvement on power /performance. Could this be down to the ecu knowing there is no dpf on there as no tubes are connected 7 sensor is just tucked away? Or could the 1st cat be blocked now ???

    Help !!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zymon View Post
    trying to get to the bottom of what im sure is many problems on this cdti 150 , i was wondering about the dpf filter. When i first disconnected the downpipe so it just ran through the 1st cat the car really boosted up and went like a rocket. I have got to work on it again a few months later , i have done :

    * egr cleanup ( electromagnet stripout and lube + valve cleanout )
    * re soldered the throttle valve circuit board
    * cleaned boost sensor

    I have taken off the dpf this morning at work and soaked it in tfr cleaner as some people said it can clean out the dpf, what i did notice though on the drive home it didnt have any improvement on power /performance. Could this be down to the ecu knowing there is no dpf on there as no tubes are connected 7 sensor is just tucked away? Or could the 1st cat be blocked now ???

    Help !!
    a regen would have been better matey ! then the car would have known the DPF had been serviced , so to speak !

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    portsmouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    oops forgot to say that, done a couple of regens- no avail!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zymon View Post
    oops forgot to say that, done a couple of regens- no avail!
    slap a new EGR on and then report back ! a shagged EGR can cause all sorts of probs and you need to elliminate it completely !

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    portsmouth
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    i completly stripped it out and took all the corrosion and soot off the electric plunger and cleaned out the plunger ports too, ive posted up another query on an egr test, bembo449 what do you reckon on my idea to test the egr ? its something i can perform before getting another part. I havew just ordered a thermostat tofay as the temp doesnt come off the bottom unless sat at idle for over half hour. its got to of failed in safe positon because i thrashed it up motorway for 30mins in 3&fourth and it would barely lift off the bottom !

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zymon View Post
    i completly stripped it out and took all the corrosion and soot off the electric plunger and cleaned out the plunger ports too, ive posted up another query on an egr test, bembo449 what do you reckon on my idea to test the egr ? its something i can perform before getting another part. I havew just ordered a thermostat tofay as the temp doesnt come off the bottom unless sat at idle for over half hour. its got to of failed in safe positon because i thrashed it up motorway for 30mins in 3&fourth and it would barely lift off the bottom !
    the 150 weve just sorted through up no codes and the EML came on if it was disconnected ! that suggested it was working ok but it wasn't ! swapped it for a new one and all was well !
    so again matey , fit a new valve and report back !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. H.i.d kit query??
    By Marcosuk in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th October 2012, 20:07
  2. GSI query?
    By noudder72 in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th January 2011, 10:38
  3. BSR Query
    By Jezzy in forum Petrol Engine related
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 26th January 2010, 17:35
  4. Tow bar query
    By Agoogy in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th June 2009, 08:52
  5. GM Oil query
    By SCOTTEX in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21st November 2006, 11:43

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •