Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question AirBag ECU VIN Number???

I have diagnosed my car Vectra 2.0 DTI LS. And I have found a fault on the airbag ecu. It says code B1000 wich means faulty ecu. My only question is should the airbag ECU store the cars vin number on it? Im only asking because all the other ECU's in the car show the vin when loaded up. Im just wondering if it should have and it hasnt been programmed in properly?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The VIN may not be in the airbag ECU as the airbag system seems to be separated to some extent from the other systems, probably for safety reasons. The airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners will not work in a crash while the airbag warning light is on.

The 'proper' fix is a new airbag ECU and programming from a dealer at a cost of around £400 to £500. Other possibilities are getting your ECU repaired or getting an ECU elsewhere and getting it erased (if it isn't already) and then getting it programmed to your car.

Search for B1000 on here - there's quite a few posts about this fault and the various methods people have resolved it. Also try Googling 'airbag ECU repair' and for airbag ECU suppliers (the partcode you need is on the top of the ECU itself, probably 13142540 but you need to confirm this).
    Last edited by James24; 8th February 2011 at 14:33.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok thanks for the info! I have phoned these repair played and they say it's a common fault for a chip to blow inside the unit. He said to buy another send them both to him and he will swap the info from my old one to the new. Oh and the airbag light isn't coming on! I just hope it's not been blanked off like the led display!

Thanks James!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The airbag light is a separate light - one of the ones that run along the bottom of the instrument display. It comes on for around 3 seconds when you turn the ignition on (position 2) then goes off after 3 seconds if all is well.

If you have a current B1000 fault then the airbag light should be permanently on, so it may have been knobbled as well. If you hadn't found this fault, you could have been driving round for possibly years without any airbags or seatbelt pretensioners!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah your probably right! I know where abouts you mean I can see the outline
    On the dash but no it doesn't light up on ignition position 2. So I'm guessing it's been tampered with. I have only had the car just under 2 months! Just trying to get it up to scratch and as reliable as I can do. Just want to get the airbags sorted as I'm more concerned about my 2 year old son not being safe without the airbags.

I think another strip down of the dash is due!

Cheers m8!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I sent my ecu to a repair place and they said the same thing that they could swap my chip to another ecu , when I got it back it didnt work , so I wouldnt recomend you to go down that path , you need to find somebody who will repair the actual fault www.crashdata.co.uk said they would be able to repair the fault in mine fo £65 , and if they couldnt repair it there would be no charge , again I am sceptical if this , I have the same fault , in theory if you get one of the same spec (same config of airbags ) it should just plug straight in , although you may have to clear any stored codes so you may have to get some form of code reader that will clear the codes , as long as you can find an ecu without crash data in you should be ok , theres a lot of airbag faults posted on here lately very strange

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have ordered a ecu off eBay for £22 he has said there is no crash data on it and it is the exact part no as the one I have. Hopefully just a swap? I have op-com not sure if this will let me set it to my car? I will keep you posted on how I get on. Probably a job for the weekend to see if it is plug and play. Probably not!

Does anyone know how to strip the box section around the handbrake lever so I can access the airbag ecu?

Thanks!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have received my new ecu today! And fitted it! took forever stripping down the centre console to gain access to the old unit. I have swapped it out diagnosed it came up with a few faults and they all cleared down using opcom. Now there are no faults present! I can check that all the airbags are present and what ohms they are at so I can see that they are there. My only concern is that the airbag light doesn't work on the dashboard. I have stripped it down and there wasn't anything else covering it up.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

pleased you sorted it if no codes stored then all should be OK , with regards to the light you need to see if you have a feed when ignition is first turned on maybe the track has been cut so light doesn't illuminate ,as from your description it sounds like whoever sold you the car new there was a fault and made the lamp disappear

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra and a Signum

Trim : top of the line in both

Engine : Z18XE,Z19DTH,Z20NET

Year : 2006

so you were able to do just a straight swap of ecu and all was fine? i thought that the ecu for these was up behind the glovebox, well thats where i saw an ecu the other day when i was in there mucking around..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information