Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just done the 10k de-coke!!!!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up Just done the 10k de-coke!!!!!.

Well I finally got round to doing it.Used the Wynn's EGR aerosol,but sprayed it into the throttle body direct via the turbo pipe,(the one after the turbo).To say there was a lot of white smoke would be an understatement!!,(I saw less white smoke when they last selected the pope!!).It certainly shows if your inlet manifold leaks as there was some coming from the first swirl valve seat. However,all the rest seem ok,which was nice.The overall impression is that the engine and turbo seems to be picking up a lot smoother,and generally,the running is less harsh overall.Time will tell.Watch this space..........FELIXX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds like it works then, got a can but havent used it yet, waiting untill i get my new manifold on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

power foam does/did the same thing ! dont know if its still available these days though ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2005

Mileage : Lots

Did the engine run ok with the hose after the turbo off? As long as it works that's what matters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by cont1204 View Post
    Did the engine run ok with the hose after the turbo off? As long as it works that's what matters!
    Yes,nothing,no problems at all.It was a little lumpy but got the wife to keep the revs at 2000 rpm,and squirted it in as per their instructions.Lots of white smoke,but,towards the end of the can,it cleared and was running clean,even when I was putting the last of the can in.I bought two cans so I think I'll stick the other one in during the week,just to make sure I've got rid of all the crap that I can,and then stick the semi blanking plate back in.Just as a matter of interest to those of you who are considering the CCV by pass and semi blanking,the turbo hose to the throttle body was dripping in oil,so this mod is well worth doing,if it eventually stop all that crap going into the manifold.It's no wonder they fail.My engine has done 95k and I've only just had to replace the EGR valve. FELIXX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ccv by pass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by felixx View Post
    Well I finally got round to doing it.Used the Wynn's EGR aerosol,but sprayed it into the throttle body direct via the turbo pipe,(the one after the turbo).To say there was a lot of white smoke would be an understatement!!,(I saw less white smoke when they last selected the pope!!).It certainly shows if your inlet manifold leaks as there was some coming from the first swirl valve seat. However,all the rest seem ok,which was nice.The overall impression is that the engine and turbo seems to be picking up a lot smoother,and generally,the running is less harsh overall.Time will tell.Watch this space..........FELIXX.
    FLASH UPDATE.Well,decided today to spray another can through the system seeing as it hasn't had anything like this done to it,and,after all there is 95k on the clock.This time though,I did it directly into the manifold through the throttle body.When I took the turbo hose off I was amazed to see how clean it was.There was some oil residue,but non of the dreaded gunge that I found when I cleaned my EGR valve.It just goes to show that some of these products do actually work.I'm well pleased. FELIXX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

has the second can made any difference to the car felixx ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

interesting not seen that product before

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by renton608 View Post
    has the second can made any difference to the car felixx ?
    Just got in from a blast down the M56.The throttle response is awesome in the lower gear ranges,and it picks up very quickly in 4th and 5th without having to change down.To give you some idea,I was plodding along in 4th,behind another car,which eventually turned off,so I put my foot down and the response was immediate,it was like I was in 3rd!!,normally I would have had to changed down to get the same response.It was the same on the motorway,loads of response without having to drop down and cane it when slowed down by slower traffic in front.Well worth a tenner of anyones money,IMO.I think I'll make it a monthly routine,I don't see it doing any harm,do you?. FELIXX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information