Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Someone please help im worried!

Morning all i have been pulling my hair out with worry i have been looking at houses and i have found a one i have put the offer in and i has been excepted so i am over the moon so to get the ball rolling i went to my bank as i had a mortgage in princible with the hallifax and i wanted to see if my bank can better the quote which they did by far...happy days right they did a search and i passed however they said that on my credit file there is a notice of correction on my credit report so the bank chap explained that it could be poss something that i wanted updating on my report then i rememberd what it could be it could be two things one my ****** mother decided to apply for a womans catalogue she didnt really tell me she briefly mentiond it ....so when i looked onto my credit report sometime later WHAT!! WHATS THIS not realising it was my mam i chalanged it which i think would of left a coretion notice on.... and the other is again ages ago i paid off my argos card and i checked my report and i still said i owed them which i did not so i contacted experian to get it updated anyway this is whats flaged up.............
    Y1 / ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA.

the bank said as long as i can explain whats happened i should be alright im just worried sick as my report is spot on i have never missed any payments what so ever and i really want this mortgage

any advice would be great im probably just worrying over nothing i guess its the mortage company safeguarding them selfs the kind of ask the question sort of speak..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

You can still get a mortgage just bad debt will increase the interest rates you pay

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A notice of correction is you saying X is wrong Y is correct, dont worry about it just tell the bank you had 2 items on your credit history that were incorrect.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by roswell View Post
    A notice of correction is you saying X is wrong Y is correct, dont worry about it just tell the bank you had 2 items on your credit history that were incorrect.

im hoping it was when i rang up to update my file as i paid my argos card off... i mean when you look intio my credit file everything is green dotts there are no red dotts or missed payments i will know for sure tomorrow god i hope all goes well

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

bump

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra-c

Trim : sri

Engine : cdti

Year : 2004

Mileage : 98,000

If you have any savings you may want to consider an ''offset'' mortgage, Barclays do this & any money IE savings, wages, child tax credit, family allowance in-fact every single penny of incoming monies should be paid into the linked account for max gain, For every £1 you have in the account ''Daily'', You will be charged £1 less interest on your mortgage, The 'gain' really is - keep your payments the same & your 'amount owed' will reduce Quickly if the offset amount can be as high as possible.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hey all just an update i found out what that notice of correction was it was in 2009 i paid a credit card off and the bank still had me down as still owing them on the experian wedbsite so i contacted them to tell them... and good news i got the mortgage and i have put an offer in on a house and its been accepted so things are looking up

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good to hear mate hope all goes well for ya, get a strong survey done

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjpuk View Post
    Morning all i have been pulling my hair out with worry i have been looking at houses and i have found a one i have put the offer in and i has been excepted so i am over the moon so to get the ball rolling i went to my bank as i had a mortgage in princible with the hallifax and i wanted to see if my bank can better the quote which they did by far...happy days right they did a search and i passed however they said that on my credit file there is a notice of correction on my credit report so the bank chap explained that it could be poss something that i wanted updating on my report then i rememberd what it could be it could be two things one my ****** mother decided to apply for a womans catalogue she didnt really tell me she briefly mentiond it ....so when i looked onto my credit report sometime later WHAT!! WHATS THIS not realising it was my mam i chalanged it which i think would of left a coretion notice on.... and the other is again ages ago i paid off my argos card and i checked my report and i still said i owed them which i did not so i contacted experian to get it updated anyway this is whats flaged up.............
    Y1 / ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA.

the bank said as long as i can explain whats happened i should be alright im just worried sick as my report is spot on i have never missed any payments what so ever and i really want this mortgage

any advice would be great im probably just worrying over nothing i guess its the mortage company safeguarding them selfs the kind of ask the question sort of speak..
    i've banked with halifax all my life and got to the same point as you ! they the after 6 wks decided the house was a new build ( built in 1897) and upped the initial deposit from 8k to 16 ! all bank are *******s ! they take your money but when you either want to borrow OR get it out of your account they take the ****!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjpuk View Post
    hey all just an update i found out what that notice of correction was it was in 2009 i paid a credit card off and the bank still had me down as still owing them on the experian wedbsite so i contacted them to tell them... and good news i got the mortgage and i have put an offer in on a house and its been accepted so things are looking up

good luck to ya fella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information