Thread: Bulb related questions :o

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Bulb related questions :o

Can anybody recommend me some nice looking white/tint of blue headlight bulbs. Don't particually want to install a hid kit, just want to change the bulbs, also if you've got any pictures of them in the motor then post them up please to help me decide

Would like to change the headlight bulbs, side lights and fogs please Also is the main beam the same bulb as the headlight bulb orrr not?

Are the indicator bulbs for the front and rear opposite pins or offset pins? Just about to order some chrome coated bulbs to take away the orange glare

I've got a 53 plate vectra with the black inside to the headlights if it makes any difference.

Links and picture would be great, thanks Ben.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Your going to hate this soon as its not as easy as a mk3 astra

As the cars are canbus you need to get certain side lights from what i gather, and also (people please correct me if im wrong) If you dont have small hands you need to get the bumper off to change the bulbs etc hence ive left mine alone for now lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Take AirBox Out...And Water Bottle Neck And Theres Loadsa Room To Change Bulbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Chiles View Post
    Can anybody recommend me some nice looking white/tint of blue headlight bulbs. Don't particually want to install a hid kit, just want to change the bulbs, also if you've got any pictures of them in the motor then post them up please to help me decide

Would like to change the headlight bulbs, side lights and fogs please Also is the main beam the same bulb as the headlight bulb orrr not?

Are the indicator bulbs for the front and rear opposite pins or offset pins? Just about to order some chrome coated bulbs to take away the orange glare

I've got a 53 plate vectra with the black inside to the headlights if it makes any difference.

Links and picture would be great, thanks Ben.
    Front indicator bulbs are offset, rear are opposite, get chome ones, they look amazing without that nasty orange yolky look! main beam and driving beam are both H7, fairly easy to swap out. I just ordered some "ICE BLUE" H7's for my driving beam as im fed up of just white, I upgraded from that yellowy tinge to white.. now blue-ish.. I also have LED side lights which I have fitted load resistors to, to stop the strobing. All bought from eBay, sept the load resistors, the ones i bought from one seller, melted in a day! Stay away from eBay for load resistors. Bought mine from Hidsdirect for 9 quid.
    I can get you pics and links when I get home from uni.
    HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Also, not sure about fogs, H3 I think..?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah pics would be great please mate, will help me decide

Isn't the strobing and canbus interference only caused when going with hids and led's as apposed to replacement xenon bulbs though?

Yeah i've read the fogs are h3, think i have a blue set of fog light bulbs lying around, so might give them a try and see.

Ohh i'll have to stop taking things for face value, last time i was under the bonnet i had a quick look at the headlights and they looked like they removed themselves by undoing two screws lol - take it that's not the case then?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah it is the LED's that cause the probs with strobbing, If you get Mtec 501's you will have no problems. There is some photos up of these lights on some of the HID posts. If not Ill post some later as Im fitting HID and 501's today.

As for pulling the lights out, you have to release some screws on the bumper to get to the Hidden screw on the headlight unit, (As far as I am aware) But probs easier to take the air box and bottle neck out just as TAM said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah pics would be great please mate, will help me decide

Isn't the strobing and canbus interference only caused when going with hids and led's as apposed to replacement xenon bulbs though?

Yeah i've read the fogs are h3, think i have a blue set of fog light bulbs lying around, so might give them a try and see.

Ohh i'll have to stop taking things for face value, last time i was under the bonnet i had a quick look at the headlights and they looked like they removed themselves by undoing two screws lol - take it that's not the case then?!
    Right, what you wanting pics of, ill take them when i get home from work about 5ish, and some in the dark of the led sides too ( i prefer them over the mtec 501's )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge7289 View Post
    Yeah it is the LED's that cause the probs with strobbing, If you get Mtec 501's you will have no problems. There is some photos up of these lights on some of the HID posts. If not Ill post some later as Im fitting HID and 501's today.

As for pulling the lights out, you have to release some screws on the bumper to get to the Hidden screw on the headlight unit, (As far as I am aware) But probs easier to take the air box and bottle neck out just as TAM said.
    Yeah would seem alot easier to take the airbox out to get to the drivers side, think i can do the passenger side without taking anything off though Will make sure i save it up and change the headlight bulbs over when i do the airbox mod and k&n panel filter, save me having to do digging back in there again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Admishere View Post
    Right, what you wanting pics of, ill take them when i get home from work about 5ish, and some in the dark of the led sides too ( i prefer them over the mtec 501's )
    Yeah pictures would be great please matey. Can't decide what to go for whether white or blue tint lights. . . And then whether to go for some osrams, philips etc Really have no idea about the side lights yet either Led's or just some tidy 501's

Pictures or links would be great please and thank you

Cheers, Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And then whether to go for some osrams, philips etc Really have no idea about the side lights yet either Led's or just some tidy 501's

Pictures or links would be great please and thank you

Cheers, Ben
    LED's will strobe in sidelights mate, best to go for MTEC, get 4 sets then you can do interior and number plate bulbs too

or use these for interior, just fitted them in mine and they make a real difference http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x-5-LED-360-W...item230e2489ab even better than MTEC's in my opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information