F1 testing has kicked off, cars are being launched and weird and strange designs are being closely guarded.
Reading through the various blogs and specialist websites, I've come across these items of interest/mirth.
1. Lotus Renault exhausts appear to be routed out the front of the sidepods. Mclaren are rumoured to be doing this too, but I guess we have to wait till Friday to find out.
for more info on this, look here http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/0...fee-explained/
i hope Kubica, Petrov et all have extra flame proof long johns on!
2. Alonso appears to be trying out as a member of the three musketeers, or possibly Zorro!
However, he may shave it off as his mum doesn't like it. Seriously!
3. According to Mclaren's twitter account today, Lewis Hamilton , after 3 months away, on his first lap out the garage, buried the throttle, opened the radio and shouted "Woohoooo!".
4. The new RedBull appears just as quick as last year. The Hispania is just as slow.
5. Barrichello has been forced to lose weight to accomodate the KERS system in his Williams - 4kgs apparently, he is very proud and was showing off to the journo's in the paddock.
6. They are all complaining about the amount of buttons on the steering wheel for all the different systems - KERS, moveable rear wing etc etc.
7. Tyre wear seems extreme so far, all talk is of at least 2 and up to 4 pit stops per race. Drop off after 1st lap is up to 3 secs per lap.