Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Is my DMF on it's way out?

Hi all,
    My first post here after reading a lot of previous posts over the past month or so since getting the wife a 2008 reg 1.9 cdti 120bhp with 66k on the clock.

I've been reading about cambelts, water pumps and DMF's failing and am a bit worried about our car. Basically, at a standstill, the car idles (when warm) at about 800 rpm. With the clutch out (ie, both feet flat on the floor and handbrake on), there is what I can best describe as either a lumpy idle with a kind of judder/bit of a rattle like what you get when a diesel is about to stall. When the clutch is pushed in, it goes, or if the rpm is raised to about 1000rpm, it goes. There are no symptoms when the car is in motion, in fact it's a very nice, smooth drive.

The car was from a main, Network Q dealer although there isn't any service history stamped in the book other than what appears to be a minor service they've done before selling it. Like I say though, the car drives very nicely and returns mid 40s mpg (calculated over a full tank).

Am I worrying over nothing or is there impending doom? I'd rather go back to the dealers armed with a bit of knowledge if necessary, we've only done about 500 miles in it so if they were to try and blame the driving style they'd have a problem with that I reckon bearing in mind the very short amount of time we've owned it and distance put on it. In other words, if it's not of satisfactory quality/fit for purpose, there's a sale of goods act issue, which may be particularly pertinent IF Vauxhall turn around and say it isn't covered by warranty (which we all know is what they'll be likely to do anyway!)

Thanks for your help,
    Ciano

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The DMF typically will give a metallic tinkling sound when the clutch is about 1" from the top of the pedal travel if it has gone, a light vibration with no accompanying noise is still going to be OK so I am told by the dealer who fitted a new DMF when I bought my own car.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds like the DMF to me ! take it back , its a network Q car right ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's a Network Q car yes. I think it needs checking out anyway though. Anyone else got any thoughts?

Cheers.

Thread Information