Thread: luton town centre this saturday 5th feb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default luton town centre this saturday 5th feb

i know theres a lot of people from luton on here so i must warn you to warn all family members

DO NOT GO NEAR LUTON TOWN CENTRE ON SATURDAY

there is a march by the EDL ( english defence league )
    and they are expecting 12000 to attend and there is going to be serious trouble

dont go to the town unless its a dire emergency and please warn all family and friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I get your point, but the day when the EDL can muster 12,000 supporters in one place is the day when BA are asked to give up their landing slots at Heathrow to make room for the flying pigs....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I hardly go into luton town anyway so definately won't be going there on Saturday. I hope there won't be too much trouble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My girlfriends a copper in LTC and she says the EDL are being very co-operative with Beds Police about the march. I don't agree with the EDL or its ideas but fingers crossed they're not going to kick off.

JK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The whole point of the EDF is to make things "kick off".

But, things aren't as bad as they used to be. I went to university in east London in the 90's, in the same part of town as where the BNP had gotten their first councillor elected. The local TV news were running reports that skinheads in vans were patrolling the area looking for any ethnic minorities on their own and they'd grab him/her and beat them to within an inch of their lives in the van and then dump them on the road. Loads of students from my uni joined up with either ANL (Anti-Nazi League) or ELWAR (East London Workers Agaimst Racism), and they decided to hold a protest outside the local BNP head quarters one Saturday, which I went along to.

There were about 50 skinheads outside the BNP HQ, with about 100 police around them, to protect them from the 200 anti-facism protestors who were being held back by more police on the other side of the street. The anti-fascists were furious that the police were protecting the skinheads rather than let them at them. This went on for about half an hour, then 6 skinheads came marching down the middle of the street right past the anti-fascists. The police let them through the cordon to join the other skinheads and they walked right into the middle of the group.

The thing was, these 6 turned out not to be genuine skinheads, they were anti-fascists who'd shaved their heads especially for the demo. Once they were surrounded by the skinheads they turned on them and beat the c**p out of any skinhead within arms length. They got a good chunk of them before the police realised they'd been tricked and waded in with their batons and pulled the ANL members out and dragged them off.

Moral of the story? The anti-fascists have bigger kahoonas than the skin heads....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Can't say I know much about EDL or what they stand for but don't see how the above story makes it any better whatever side kicks off to show who has the bigger kahoonas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    Can't say I know much about EDL or what they stand for but don't see how the above story makes it any better whatever side kicks off to show who has the bigger kahoonas
    Firstly, knowledge is your friend.

Secondly, have you not heard the famous quote "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing" ? We can all either say:

"I know nothing about EDL"
    "Let's just avoid the area"
    "Let them have their march, it doesn't affect me"

OR brave people can make a stand against them and show them that their views aren't popular, aren't acceptable and aren't becoming the norm in the UK.

The brave people who mount counter demonstrations against facists are those who don't let concerns about their personal safety stop them, and don't think "what if one of the skinheads sees me getting out of my car - he could damage it or, even worse, find out where I live". I'm not one of those, but I'm glad other people are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    I get your point, but the day when the EDL can muster 12,000 supporters in one place is the day when BA are asked to give up their landing slots at Heathrow to make room for the flying pigs....
    i get your point but there is not going to be 12000 edl members

the police estimate

6000 edl members
    3000 udf members
    3000 muslims against the march

this comes from a reliable source who attended the police and council meeting regarding the march

not preaching , just wanted to put a warning up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXi

Engine : 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    Firstly, knowledge is your friend.

Secondly, have you not heard the famous quote "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing" ? We can all either say:

"I know nothing about EDL"
    "Let's just avoid the area"
    "Let them have their march, it doesn't affect me"

OR brave people can make a stand against them and show them that their views aren't popular, aren't acceptable and aren't becoming the norm in the UK.

The brave people who mount counter demonstrations against facists are those who don't let concerns about their personal safety stop them, and don't think "what if one of the skinheads sees me getting out of my car - he could damage it or, even worse, find out where I live". I'm not one of those, but I'm glad other people are.
    How is the EDL and the UAF fighting in the street resolving anything? EDL have their say rightly or wrongly however you view it and UAF have theirs. Both sides clash at many protests. EDL views are not those that I share and although I said I did not know that much about them I know exactly what they stand for. I meant I'm not an everyday follower or a fan of their views.

Again its only my personal opinion but having large groups rampaging in the street fighting ain't brave. I can see that on a saturday night between groups of people over a difference of opinions. What is brave is our troops fighting in foriegn countries. There is a huge difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by the_wave_rider View Post
    Again its only my personal opinion but having large groups rampaging in the street fighting ain't brave. I can see that on a saturday night between groups of people over a difference of opinions. What is brave is our troops fighting in foriegn countries. There is a huge difference.
    Actually, no, there isn't a huge difference. When I was at school, we learnt more in history classes than just the usual tosh about how many wives Henry the Eighth had killed. We learnt about "The Battle of Cable Street", which, if you're not familiar with it, you can read about on the The Guardian's website linked below.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/se...efarright.past

In a nutshell, in 1936 the people of the east end of London fought in the streets to stop the British Union of Fascists from marching through the east end. The BUF was lead by Oswald Moseley - an admirer of Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini. Unless I'm mistaken, we Brits had a little skirmish with Adolf and Benito, (or, as you put it, our brave troops were fighting in foreign countries) to stop the same fascism that the people of the east end stopped. Those that were at the battle of cable street and are still alive today are considered heroes - not rioters, not people who "kicked off". Those that stayed at home that day aren't remembered by history.
    Last edited by Jezzy; 1st February 2011 at 16:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information