I tried snowfoam for the first time today. It was just a very quick experiment, really. I did not follow up with a wash of the car but was keen to see how clean I could get the car without actually touching it.
One Autobrite snowfoam lance... Sadly, it has the wrong fitting for my Nilfisk pressure washer. I was sent the wrong lance. No doubt Mark will sort me out. I shall call him tomorrow. I ended up using the snowfoam fitting that was supplied with the pressure washer, which worked well, although the foam was a bit watery.
Nilfisk C120 pressure washer. This performed magnificently! I have never used a pressure washer until today and it was easy and just a pleasure to use.
One Vectra with a coat of snowfoam.
Pressure washed off.
The foam was great. It stuck to the car for over half an hour and probably would have stayed longer! Even though it was watery because the snowfoam fitting was not adjustable, the foam worked well. It shifted over a month's dirt without any physical contact. Some dirt remained, mostly small pieces of ash from a bonfire we had last weekend! But even the dirt that remained was easy to wipe off with a finger tip, so it was loose dirt.
The overall effect is pretty good, in my humble opinion. Ignore the small dent in the driver's door... It'll be gone pretty soon.
As a first stage in a wash process, I can now see that snowfoam has a place. In the case of my car, which was truly dirty and had no protection to speak of on the paint, some dirt remained. But if the car had had a layer of wax or sealant, no doubt the foam would have shifted a much greater proportion of the muck.
When the warmer weather comes and when I have acquired a few more bits and pieces, I shall really go to town on the car. I plan to clay and machine polish the paint, as well as repair the dent and one of two other blemishes. The car is fabulous and deserves to look the part. So it will.