User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Financial help and opinions please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Financial help and opinions please!

Hello,

I lennt a now former friend money and it has been almost one year since i gave her the first amount of money.

I am looking at legal action and have written my letter (anyone wanna read over?) however due to the lenght of time i have been waiting, i was wondering if i am within my rights to ask for interest on it?

Its a few hundred quid, that would otherwise have been used to pay off my car insurance, which would have removed 50% of the interest charge i had to pay!

any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think that unless you have a written signed agreement that it was a loan to be paid back, your on a hiding to nothing. She can either say she never had a penny from you or say it was a gift.

Good luck with it and i do hope you get it back. I had a similar issue where i lent a then friend about £200 to help him thru a bad time, he had just lost his license, wife left him and had mounting bills, that was two years ago and i have long written off any hope of seeing it again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I feel sorry for you mate. I lent someone £1000 once, took nearly 3 years to get it back and a lot of nagging. TBF she still owes me a £5 but I have given up on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by barney490 View Post
    I think that unless you have a written signed agreement that it was a loan to be paid back, your on a hiding to nothing. She can either say she never had a penny from you or say it was a gift.

Good luck with it and i do hope you get it back. I had a similar issue where i lent a then friend about £200 to help him thru a bad time, he had just lost his license, wife left him and had mounting bills, that was two years ago and i have long written off any hope of seeing it again.

I do have!

I have many messages with her saying ill pay you end of october and saying and agreeing to how much it was etc. All the money was done via bank transfer as well, all £300 odd quid..

Also got all the messages of her accusing me of causing her stress and all this lot, and swearing and blaming me for her having a back ache and being unable to work. strangely she failed to tell me about the well paying job she was bragging about having on fbk. lol Screen shot FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vectraboyy View Post
    I do have!

I have many messages with her saying ill pay you end of october and saying and agreeing to how much it was etc. All the money was done via bank transfer as well, all £300 odd quid..

Also got all the messages of her accusing me of causing her stress and all this lot, and swearing and blaming me for her having a back ache and being unable to work. strangely she failed to tell me about the well paying job she was bragging about having on fbk. lol Screen shot FTW!
    That tells me she has no intention of paying you back on your terms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

She doesn't, but the amount i know on her, a lil reminder and im sure she will get on.

Plus if it goes to court she wouldnt stand a hope and hells chance.

The level of lies she has told me to try and get out of paying it is unreal.

From no job (which was true for a lil), to i have been signed of for 12 months as going in to have my back operated on and claiming disability, to arse kissing, to getting abusive etc. to selling all her clothes and having no money (with pics on fbk of going out every night on the lash) and all this.

for the £20 fee to take her to small claims court its worth it.

she also told me many companies were suing her for money and she was going bankrupt, all complete BS. i have everything recorded (as via emails etc) so she can't deny she said it either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

For example:

Things are so bad I started having night terrors last month. I am now on more medication. All triggered by stress! I'm in arrears with my rent, bills, council tax, but it's fine coz I'm stopping debt collectors coming to my door and being taken to court!! I told u I would give u all ur money when I get a job. I've got a job, I start Monday and I when I have the full amount I will transfer it to ur account.

closely followed by:

I find out Friday if I still have a job or not. I've had a eviction notice so I have to pay 150 a week at the moment so I don't get kicked out. If I've still got a job then in 2 weeks I can start giving u money. I think u should also know I'm moving back home after Xmas. Not out of choice but coz I'm going in to hospital. I'm having my spine straightened so I'll be on disability living allowance for a year whilst in recovery, obviously I wont need the money until I'm walking again so u will get ur money. I'll have to give my dad ur bank details coz I won't be around for a while, hope that's ok? I will let u know if I have a job still by Monday. I'm really sorry it's taking so long. I didn't ask for any of this

Then

Speak to my dad?!?!?!?!?! Who the **** do u think u are!!!! That was bang out of order!!!! I have bills to pay too! Council tax, rent, gas, electricity, water, tv license, phone bill, broadband, debt, food....... What the **** do u think I do all day?!?!?!?! Not only am I technically off sick as doctors orders and waiting for disability allowance to start but I also apply for jobs every day, I had a interview Wednesday in fact! I am struggling to keep my head above water and u continue to **** and moan about the money I owe u! AGAIN if I had it then I would give it to u!!!!!!!! Do u think I like being in this situation??? Do u think I asked for this??? I'm selling my stuff just so I can live!!! I had to sell the ring my mum gave me from my great nan, the necklace I got for 21st, all my dresses. U really have NO ****ING IDEA what it is like to struggle on a daily basis! U have a job, u have a regular income, consider yourself extremely lucky. When I have money and am in a stable situation that's when u will get ur money. Please leave me alone

Shame she is a serial liar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

I'd say it's a good candidate for small claims court.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah, i dont think i would lose!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

know its not what you want to hear mate but you really can't trust many people in this world its a shame that a genuine person like you were trying to help some one,whether you win or not i dont know as i have no knowldge on this situation but i tell you this i would take her to court a. for her inconvience b.could shock her to pay up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information